on 18 February 2014
I borrowed this book from the Kindle Library and I will NOT reveal who the author regarded as the most likely suspect, so as to let others enjoy this book too. I really liked the way the author used a " diary " type format of events for part of the book - which gave the basic facts without all the detail, which can get a bit confusing. It was interesting to see this famous mystery dealt with from a detective's point of view, much as in " The Daughter of Time " by Josephine Tey. As can be seen from the illustration of the cover ( so I'm not actually spoiling it for others ) the author also included Elizabeth of York as a possible suspect - I had not seen her considered in this way before, so that was very interesting. I would therefore recommend this book as a GOOD READ.
on 15 August 2014
A very interesting book. Mark Garber makes no claims to be an historian or an accomplished author, he is as he says a policeman used to investigating crime. The book is very concise, neatly set out and easy to follow. He makes some interesting new points and has some different perspectives on the historical events which seem quite plausible and certainly make you think. His naming of the perpetrator of the murder of the princes is also well thought out and reasoned. He deals with all the suspects one by one in a very Poirot like manner and gives his reasons for dismissing them until he is left with the one peson he feels comitted the crime. I enjoyed this book and would recommend it for what it is - an entertaining and thought provoking read.
on 14 June 2014
I enjoyed this book. It was a different way of looking at the crime and I enjoyed the way the author told me why he had reached each conclusion. I would like him to take on another crime. I am sure he could find lots of cold cases
on 12 August 2014
This was written in an engaging style which had all the hallmarks of a good police investigation. I liked the was no person involved was not considered as a suspect and I agree with the final outcome.
on 27 October 2014
A brilliant way to look at this story. I find this story fascinating so to look at it from the perspective of the police and to try and figure it out was really good.
on 4 February 2014
An interesting take on 'The Princes in the Tower' but the author did not do his homework. It is known that Richard sought Portuguese royal matches both for himself and for Elizabeth of York after the death of Anne Neville. There is no evidence that he had a sexual relationship with his niece.
on 27 June 2014
Really enjoyed this short read. Pointed at some figures that wouldn't normally be singled out for murdering the princes in the tower.
on 29 June 2014
Read in a morning this book gives some interesting theories about the prince's and what happened.I would recommend reading it
on 29 June 2014
A very enjoyable read, after having spent a hour in the tower trying to work out who did it I wish I had of read this first
on 10 September 2016
As a Ricardian I was intrigued about what this book could bring me. I have to admit being slightly concerned that an ex-copper should be writing about something I am clued up about.

I needn't have worried! I really like the way this book is laid out and each theory is dealt with. It's well-written and has a no-nonsense approach which is so refreshing.

Well done, Mark, you've done a great job!