on 25 November 2012
I wanted something smaller and lighter than my present lock and this is perfect. Strong, effective and feels like your not cycling with too much bulk.

However and this is a big however is the lock s attachment to the bike...... it is cheaply made and poorly designed and broke on trying to attach it. I may contact kryptonite to see if they can send me an alternative because at the mo I am carrying it. Amazon were great on a discount.

Great lock poor attachment!
on 27 November 2012
I have a hybrid bike with two fast release wheels and the cable fits easily through both wheels and onto the Lock which can then be locked to a railing.
I'm took away a star because the felcro tie supplied was damaged on arrival and the lock itself can be awkward to remove from the latch which attaches to the bike frame. Even with those two issues I would still highly recommend this lock.
on 10 June 2016
Very good quality as expected. Size-wise this was a good choice for my road bike since it gives me just enough room to firmly lock to the regular rails. The Mini-5 would have been a little too short in most cases.
on 6 November 2014
I've read reviews that suggest there is a problem with the key. One year on, that is not my experience. It's sometimes a bit fiddly, but overall it's been fine.
on 31 December 2014
Amazing lock. Super-strong and a great price for what you get. The smaller the D-lock, the harder it is for someone to try and break it open.

From the weight of it, you can also tell it is solidly made.
on 27 April 2014
Lock seems great, but the disappointing thing is that it rattles in it's holder when mounted on the bike. The only alternative is to carry it in a bag, which is a shame, because it's relatively weighty.
on 12 August 2014
Strong, nice quality, would be quite heavy to carry around with you- suspect most people will probaly leave it locked-up at their regular destination anyway.

No reason to suspect this wont discourage most theft attempts from the casual thief. Mine is at my place of work well away from public view, so happy enough. Cable is real bonus for locking wheels and /or helmet etc

Great product at great price
on 12 January 2014
The D Lock is great, I heard that the chain is not sooo secure but I have just got some parts stolen from my bike and the frame and the wheels are still there thanks to the D lock and the chain.

The only problem that this product has is that if you attach it to the frame of the bike you will start hearing a clicking sound when you are riding because the D lock has some space between its parts.
on 12 December 2012
This bike lock keeps your mind at ease but not your back. I put the lock in my backpack when I go uni because I haven't figured out yet how to put the bracket to hold the lock when cycling. It is heavy but I guess that's a good think and the cable included in it looks tough. I can now lock both wheels and the frame with the help of the cable but maybe because my bike frame is short. would not recommend for big bikes. would have added another star if bracket was easy to put.
on 11 July 2013
Good solid product, like the torch light in one of the keys and the Velcro which keeps the cable neatly tied to the lock when stored on the bike. Had no problems with the mounting block that holds the lock on the frame when riding. Personally, I've found the U bracket a little short for easily locking the bike up to solid structures in different situations, but it is less clumsy to carry when not in use.