Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 7 February 2014
Being interested in Anne Boleyn, and having recently visited Hever Castle, I was looking forward to reading this book. How disappointing it is. I'm glad I only paid 99p for it in a kindle edition. It's very badly written in poor English, by an author who doesn't know what to leave out, so drags down the main focus of the narrative - the ghostly photographs - with irrelevant and, frankly, boring detail. I'm at a loss to understand why random words are italicised. I'm sorry, but I can't recommend it, although the photographs on my iPad were very clear. Stick to photography, Mr Archer.
on 26 January 2014
Interesting premise, a photograph of the 'ghost' of Anne Boleyn, taken at the family home, Hever Castle. Like..wow!
Errrr....except that it isn't that Wow! at all. Just a couple of blurry photos, that could be of anything. The text itself is readable and a nice history of Anne Boleyn, Henry VIII and the Tudor court. It contains some nice colour portraits of the protagonists. The book itself is a bit short and ultimately a bit disappointing.
on 4 February 2014
complete twaddle. written in a hysterical, non objective manner, badly researched and prone to all the school text book inaccuracies that are legion. photos come out well on my kindle though.
on 17 August 2014
Well what to say on this book? A guy that visited Hever Castle, the famous historical childhood home of henry VIII.'s second queen Anne Boleyn allegedly encountered her on visits, realising only later on the photos he had taken that there was something on them he did not see there. Anne Boleyn's ghost.

I am not sure whether to believe in ghosts or not, but I find paranormal stories quite interesting and thought this could be an interesting read.
But the photos he took are pretty blurred, maybe double exposed to light and so have some weird things on them. Even though he claims to have a good camera and actually knows how to handle it.

Everyone could basically take some shaky blurred photos and claim this is a ghost or this is her arm there and a piece of her dress as it is not save to say whether there is something un usual on them or not. I do well have a lot of imagination, but cannot recognise anything that would look like a shape of a human being. It is easy to. As for that I do not believe until I see a photo where I can indeed recognise something myself. This is just all too vague.
I found it weird that really all pictures allegedly showing her ghost were blurred, when other pictures like of Anne's lute which was also taken inside the castle turned out actually decent enough.

The book also roughly tells Anne's story, but doesn't go too deep into detail (I know her entire story could fill a thick book).

But as for the alleged photos it is not enough for me to say these shaky photos do show something unusual.

I expected a bit more of this book. Not really worth reading, if you ask me, sorry. :-(
on 14 May 2015
It's ok, reads more like a pamphlet more then a book. I'm a bit dubious bout the Ann Boleyn picture in her bedchamber having two heads. I'm learning photography myself, and it was a dark room so the shutter release would ave been much slower. I already know the history having done voluntary work at Hampton Court. This book could have been so much better. There are ghoats at Hever, but this just covers old ground.
on 4 June 2014
I was a little disappointed with this book - firstly it's very short and when it began I thought it was going to be about the authors own continuing experiences with the ghost of Anne Boleyn but quite a few sightings are historical and can be found in other publications. A quick read if you're an Anne fan.
on 3 August 2014
There must be a book somwhere that this story has been copied from, probably a school book. The original idea lasted about 3 pages and then descended into the well worn stories that most of us already know with a few unestablished 'titbits' to make the reader hope there would be a better story to come. If you know absolutely nothing about Nan Bullen, then this is a fairly good crash course, if not...
on 6 May 2014
I did enjoy this book. I thought that the photographs were interesting both of the ‘ghost’ and Castle. Then later photos of Anne, Henry VIII, Catherine of Aragon, Thomas Cranmer, Elizabeth I, Thomas Cromwell, Thomas Howard, Anne’s, signature and her lute, these helped bring that book alive.

I enjoyed the introduction giving a bit of background information to the work. The visit to Hever Castle and what happened in the darkroom and also how the photographs came out was interesting and also the piece about the difference between the camera and the eye. Then on to Anne’s story intertwined with the others mentioned earlier. There is a short poem included and a few accounts of the sightings of Anne’s ghost.

It held my attention with its variations, I thought it was nicely written it is a quick read and not too heavy.

Barbara Goldie, from the Kindle Book Review
The Kindle Book review received a free copy of this book for an independent, fair and honest review. We are not associated with the author or Amazon.
on 10 April 2014
This did not hold my interest at all - quite disjointed, was expecting more about the ghost of Anne Boleyn
on 1 August 2014
If you enjoy reading about of Anne Boleyn don't bother with this one. I found it was badly written with nothing new in it & not worth saving so deleted it from my kindle.