on 24 June 2014
I had a Cookworks Halogen oven for 3 years which broke down recently due to the lamp blowing in the lid. I was surprised that these could not be replaced so decided to try to live without replacing it. I found that very difficult as I was having to go back to using my gas oven, which is very expensive to use and difficult for me to lift items out of it.

So I decided to do some research and spent a week reading reviews in newspapers, magazines and on shopping sites. The halogen oven that most appeared to find topped the list of items at a reasonable price was the Andrew James.

I have had it a couple of weeks now and I find it easier to use and clean than my old one. The digital controls are simple to understand, and it has pre programmed buttons for cooking items such as pizza. It has all assets of a hinged lid, so easy to fill and empty. The volume can be increased through the use of the extender ring and I cooked a large chicken with ease. The only thing I have found that does not work very well is the toast making facility, it was much quicker to use my electric toaster.

I love the fact that it is preprogrammed not just to clean and dry the bowl, but also to sterilise it. As the lid often gets splashed with things such as meat juices, and is difficult to clean (you cannot immerse it in soapy water or put it in a dish washer), this is a welcome addition. People often complain the lids of halogen cookers become brown and rusty - however I have always suspected the "brown rust" is in fact caked on splashes of food that could be a breeding ground for bacteria. As someone who taught about X infection, I love being able to sterilise the cooker and I will be using thst function often.

It looks good, it is easy to use and clean and it is hygenic - what more could you ask from an oven.
55 Comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 April 2014
This halogen oven has been the best thing I have ever bought/used. The food that I have cooked in it uses no fat/oils therefore is more healthier for you as well as being great if you want to loose weight or remain at the weight you like to be at. Not only that when cooking vegetables all the vitamins stay in the vegetables and don't run in to the water when boiling them. I've baked cakes/buns and bread in the Andrew James halogen oven and they have come out beautifull , light and fluffy and the taste is amazing. Also my electricity has been cut by half as the cooking time is much less than being cooked in my electric conventional oven. I would recommend the Andrew James halogen oven to anyone and everyone.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 22 January 2015
I love how simplistic this oven is, Buttons on the top for simple one touch operation,saves money on cooking times, looks nice sat on the table top although it's a little on the large side does not put me off as i can see how the meals are doing.
Easy to clean and with it's self clean function you still have to wipe dry lol. If you want an oven that saves you time and money and looks good sat on your work top then buy this.

I would of given 5 stars but i do think theres always room for improvement by any manufacturer, but Andrew James please keep your goods as top notch as you have been doing so far. I know you appreciate customer loyalty and us customers appreciate good honest working and affordable appliances!!!
on 30 May 2017
Worked really well, delicious crispy jacket potatoes and chicken skin, cupcakes a doddle ! Element lasted over two years , but when I had to change it ,possible but fiddly, I discovered the area under the fan cover very rusty. so please be warned if your device is out of the two year garantee the company are not able to help in any way as they do not have a "repair or replacement service "
review image
on 11 March 2015
The best out of all 4 halogen ovens I have had over the last few years. Pricing is good. It's well made and cooks well. I am a convert to halogen cooking for lots of reasons and given that the element is changeable and a spare included (no need to use it yet), this is excellent value and design.
I really rate this. Go on buy one and forget the other.
on 11 August 2016
Nice product while it lasted. Worked well for a couple of months then started playing up. Used nearly every day but, unfortunately it did brake down. Now been replaced. I would not recommend this product 3*
on 16 February 2014
i am so pleased with my Andrew James halogen oven, it is brilliant.....i have owned 2 others but this one with the hinged lid makes cooking in it so much easier and i use mine every day, from roasts to grills to everything you would cook in an oven....so glad i bought it and would recommend it to anybody considering buying one.
on 26 October 2014
Great for sausages and bacon grilled tomatoes. I haven't tried other things yet. Cleaning the lid is not so easy as it cannot be very wet or workings will be damaged, also all must be left open to dry out completely otherwise rust will set in contaminating food.
on 2 November 2017
Much used. Useful addition to kitchen
on 24 March 2017