on 1 May 2015
Another god read.
on 5 February 2014
I love this series of books. The characters are great fun and some of their antics not only make me smile but actually laugh out loud. The story lines are easy to follow but have some delectable twists which keep you guessing. Brilliant fun! The only down side is having to wait for the next one! More please.
on 30 April 2016
I have to admit to being a huge fan of this series of quirky, funny, light but thouroughly entertaining mysteries. They are not for everyone and in places can be totally far fetched but I am hooked on the eccentric bumbling old goats and their snooty ways and naive methods.

This series is a must if you want a witty take on the english village cosy genre. They amble along at a pleasant pace full of silly anecdotal nuances in the plot and observations of a world brought to life with Algipan and Alcohol.

Read this series from the start, to love the characters is to grow with them, arthritis and absurdity included. You will know by the end of the first book whether these are dear friends or shelf fillers. To me they are dear friends that continue to get better with age.
on 11 January 2014
I LOVE Belchester and all the characters.

I look forward to a couple of hours escapism with Lady Amanda and all her potty friends and relatives, as well as the long-suffering police force - more please!!!!
on 22 December 2013
Very entertaining 4th title in the Belchester Chronicles series. I would recommend this to any age group with a sense of humour but probably over twelves would appreciate it better.
on 9 January 2014
I have read all of these Belchester stories and find the characters nearly believeable....however enjoyed the hilarious activities that have been portrayed within all of them.
on 21 December 2013
Not sure if its just me, but I didn't enjoy this as much as the earlier Belchester Chronicles. A great pity because I had been looking forward to it so much.
on 3 December 2014
I have enjoyed this series up to this point. I liked the idea of the two aristocratic old biddies and their friends with ludicrous names. I liked the mild humour and ridiculous situations. However, I hated the ending of this book which is why it only has four stars. I hated it so much I haven't bought the next in the series and am undecided whether I will do so. I'm not sure whether or not to start her Falconer series now either.
on 12 February 2014
Not to be taken too seriously. Irreverent and full of fun. Only criticism solving of crimes too blunt and sudden
on 1 August 2014
The names of the central figures say it all, really. Stereotyped characters and situations, but deliberately so, make for a very funny mystery - until the end, that is, which is really rather surprising even if, in its own way, also true to the stereotyped model. The chilling atmosphere at the end stands in stark contrast to all that has gone before, and created a, for me, uncomfortable hiatus.