on 11 March 2014
This is so short, and much less interesting than I thought it would be. Whilst it is good to read positive comments about ageing there is no consideration of the fact that many older people are resource poor. The author has a house large enough to hold classes in. Positive comments about older models in the media fail to mention that those models still fit the image of tall and thin that dominates the fashion industry. I could go on.....
on 21 January 2015
I bought this soon after a significant birthday made me start reflecting on my age, somewhat mournfully. It soon cheered me up! It's a real tonic for anyone wondering whether it may be all downhill from now on. The book is full of wisdom, even if many of the observations are anything but original, and it is also full of humour and optimism. It's a quick and lively read and I may turn to it again if I get depressed.

Unfortunately the book is rather spoiled by a serious lack of editing: there are many errors of grammar and punctuation and clumsy formulations. It would be well worth revising thoroughly, as this detracts from the impact of the whole.
on 31 March 2014
Interesting FUNNY and positive. Angela only narrowly misses tipping over into smug though but then I am quite a bit older than she and have worked out my own recipe for life. I don black vinyl, black leather and leopard skin pattermed tights and onesies with gay abandon and belong to to an assortment of groups mostly educational, so it was preaching to the already converted.. In fact could have written this book myself if I wasnt too busy !!!! But did enjoy her amusing take on life. ;just wished that the hadnt always referred to her loving supportive husband as "The Old Man". Tut Angela...........does he refer to you as "The Old Woman ??
on 21 January 2014
An enjoyable and informative read [[ASIN:1783340002 The Year I Turn...: An A-Z of Ageing] Reminding us oldies not to give up the ghost on being 70 but to grab the next decade and live it to the full, casting aside guilt, thoughts of reprisals etc. The authoress does set quite a high bar but, whilst acknowledging that not all will want to follow her prescriptions to the limit, the advice and conjecture inspires, amuses and challenges.
on 15 January 2014
A must read for anyone approaching their seventies or already in their seventies. It is light hearted, amusing, engaging and enlightening.
on 21 March 2014
I gave up on this book and only read about 20%.

I would agree that the author is upbeat and coping happily with the changes resulting from her advancing age but her writing style felt false and forced - her style didn't feel natural and flowing and it made me feel that if her style was forced, perhaps the account of her life was too... I found the grammar to be poor at times and yet the vocabulary was unnecessarily pompous given the informality of the subject... I was hoping to be inspired but only felt irritated...
on 22 June 2014
I was expecting to read useful hints on how to cope with life as we reach our 60s and 70s. All the advice given was common sense, that everyone knows anyway, and I think that people who are not as fortunate as the author to have a husband, friends, children and grandchildren would find it made them feel worse, rather than better about their advancing years!
on 10 March 2014
It was great to read of someone still having a go well beyond retirement and there are certainly challenges for people at all ages. However overall I found it was more appropriate to someone at an older age. Certainly not so useful to someone who is still working full-time,
on 25 March 2014
A very uplifting book. I am much younger than the author but have started worrying about ageing. I was really interested to see what a much older person had to say on the subject. The author was upbeat, practical and inspiring - just what I was looking for. At least one person has also read it on my recommendation.
on 15 March 2014
I thought this was an outstanding book; well written, wise and with wry humour. I felt encouraged by its message and saw how I could improve my own outlook on life in a positive way. Definitely one to re-read from time-to-time. I would unreservedly recommend it to all who are approaching (or have arrived at) this watershed in their lives - especially if they want to go forward with positivity.