Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Arcade Fire Shop now Fitbit

Customer reviews

Colour: White|Change

on 29 June 2015
Best headset I have ever owned. Been a PC gamer for a while now and tried all manor of headsets including the famous Razer Tiamat 7.1 headset and the Astros A50's along with many, many Turtle Beach headsets. I won't even bother rating the G4ME ZERO headset against the Turtle Beach headsets because they are not even in the same league. Sound quality, build quality, design, value for money, comfort, the Sennheiser G4ME ZERO just stomps on anything Turtle Beach could ever make.

Anyway, enough about Turtle's. Compared to the other high priced headsets I have owned, this is truly the only one that has ever made me feel like I was listening to the sound as it was originally intended. Pair this headset with a high end, high performing sound card and the difference will be night and day. Sound never sounded so good! Even without the performing sound card, the difference will be there. The high, mids and lows on this set are perfectly tuned. Most gaming headsets these days have either too much bass or too little but that is a problem I thankfully need not deal with anymore since turning to Sennheiser

The comfort of this headset cannot be emphasized enough. They have XXL head cuffs that fit perfectly over my ears (and I have big ears) and they are super light weight. They never get in the way and they allow you to concentrate on your game instead of constantly messing with your headset.

The build quality. What can I say? They are German. Go throw them out of your window in front of a bus and they would probably still work. They are not cheaply built at all and you can see and feel that. The design of them is superb.

The mic has got to be one of the best you can buy. Everyone will be able to hear you crystal clear and the great thing about the mic is you simply push it up vertically when not in use and it automatically mutes. Awesome!

I know they are expensive but you are not just paying for the name. You are paying for the best. Right now, this is one of the best gaming headsets you can buy. It has pretty much everything you could want in a headset. Great build quality, superb sound, comfort, unique design and a fantastic mic.

Remember, these are labeled as Pro headsets and I will give you a few reasons as to why. First off, the volume control will not mute the sound completely when at it's lowest. They have done this to accommodate for the lack of mic monitoring which I will discuss below. Remember, the idea of this headset is to immerse you in the game and keep outside noise from distracting you.

As I mentioned above, they do NOT have mic monitoring. This is a definite plus in my book. Mic monitoring causes horrible feedback looping that results in a constant background noise in your headset. It is very distracting while gaming and to get the best audio quality, this feature had to be done away with. If the game is too loud and you need to speak to your fellow comrades, turning the volume down to the lowest it will go will still provide you with the ability to know what is going on in the game but will also allow you to hear yourself while speaking. As soon as you are done you can turn it back up again.

Despite what Turtle Beach will have you believe, true pro gaming headsets do NOT have mic monitoring.

And that concludes my review. Do not let the price put you off. You get what you pay for and this headset does not disappoint. It is Sennheiser after all. Most if not all the games you play on had their sound reordered on a Sennheiser audio device. Just remember that.
on 21 March 2017
Very impressed with these Headphones, using for a mixture of Music and Skype usage.

Comes with two detachable cables high quality paracord type
2x jack mic + headphone
1 jack + headphone

and useful carry case

Can hear a lot of detail from the units, BASE is slightly lacking which is due mostly to the ear padding giving a large gap between ear and speaker; works better plugged into a mixer or a pre-amp than direct into a sound card as needs a bit more power to drive nicely,

too early to say if they will will last but quality looks / feels good
on 14 November 2016
Wow this headset sounds crazy way better than Astro a40 coupled with Astro mix amp they sound wicked but when using this headset with Hamilton audio separated they sound even better I use Xbox one Astro mix amp tr with this headset
on 24 January 2017
Purchased these for my Autistic son and he loves them
on 12 April 2017
I was pretty dissapointed with the sound these headphones produced. My ATH-M50X were far better sounding in my opionion. I know this headset was a neutral sounding but the bass was near non existence even when powered by an external amp. Would not recommend.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 March 2017
Lightweight, compact, high sound quality, comftable and good on the ears. Best headset I've ever brought. It even comes with a case if you want to take it away.
on 6 June 2017
Awesome headphones, mines are connected to a Magni 2 Uber and Modi Multibit and the sound is amazing!!!
on 24 July 2017
Fab-u-loss
on 18 February 2017
Fantastic product from Sennheiser with one downfall...

I love Sennheiser products, they are one of the best out there when it comes to making quality audio products so I was excited when my GAME ZERO headset turned up. They arrived super quick and in smart retail packaging. You get a nice travel case to store your headset and a few extra cables in which is handy if you're taking them round to a friends house or something like that.

Starting off with the aesthetics of this product. They look great, by far the nicest looking headset out there on the market. They add a touch of class to any PC setup.

Build quality. Another positive for Sennheiser. They know how to make a great product. Even though the headset is made mainly out of plastic, it as a quality feel to it. You can twist them and bend them and it doesn't feel like they will snap on you. The leather ear pads and head pad are super comfy. I've worn the headset for several hours and not once did my head start to ache.

Sound quality. This for me is where it let the headset down. The overall sound of the headset is great, the sound is crisp and you can hear every little detail when gaming. The part which let the headset down is the bass. For me, it was too flat. I know with an external amp and an EQ on my computer I could bump the bass up but with the price of the headset I would have expected better.

The microphone sounds great for a headset mic roo. Had no problem with the other person not being able to hear me well. I liked the mute feature with it. Simply lift the mic up 3/4 of the way and you'll hear and feel is a click which indicates the microphone is muted.

Unfortunately, I had to return the headset as I couldn't live with it. Amazon and Sennheiser were fantastic in offering me a full refund. I'm in no way saying this headset is bad because that would be a lie. It's a brilliant product but for me I need something with a little more build in bass. If you have any doubts about this product then don't, you will be pleased with it (if you don't mind not having a light bass product)
on 31 December 2016
So far disappointed....

Now I totally understand that this is a "PC" gaming headset first and everything else second. However, I play a lot of PS4 and using analogue pass through over bluetooth is defeating the £171 price tag.

The PS4 pad essentially transmits the analogue audio over bluetooth. This causes a load of interference when using the headset and absolutely no gain from a amp what so ever... this headset no matter what way you look at it is marketed as a "Gaming Headset" that can be used on "All Platforms". Well while it can be used on all platforms I wouldn't expect a £40 pair of plantronic headsets to do the job so much better than these do of tackling a multi platform audio option.

The solution to this... the reason for me giving 2 stars instead of one is because yes if you have a good motherboard on your PC with a built-in amp it's spectacular but for the PS4 you NEED to include a USB cable to plug into the DETACHABLE headset cable. It's as if they are teasing you saying "yes you can detach the cable, but we won't include a simple USB cable option". It just boggles the mind!

Alternative 2 is using a amp but again you CAN'T use the audio jack because that's in the pad that converts it to a bluetooth signal so you 100% NEED a USB amp. So in all its no different to the first solution.

Conclusion while yes there is no problem with the PC from my use, there is a big problem with almost everything else. To me that's not worth £171. So now I have to pay £60 for a sennheiser USB amp to use it with my PS4 without it sounding like a £2 cheap headset.