on 11 March 2014
I bought this book not expecting it to be great but just something to pass the time and boy was i surprised! It is so well written, the story flows and had me gripped from the first few pages. I love the fact that the characters are everyday types without any self importance and you genuinely want them to survive. I am really looking forward to the second book in the series and i'm excited to see where the author takes the group and the story next.
on 26 April 2014
What a thrilling, brutal and horrifying ride this was. Great characters are as essential to a good story as the story itself. Owen nails it brilliantly.
My only disappointment is having no sequel to dive into.
Hopefully Owen's on the case.
on 25 July 2014
How refreshing for this to be in Australia. Some of the plot is very familiar, but feels like a favourite old slipper, rather than a tired flogged dead horse. This
kind of book leaves me in a constant flex of questions. Would I have reacted in that way? Great first book, I am looking forward
to the next instalment.
on 7 March 2014
Really enjoyable zombie yarn. Excellent character development and you care what happens to them. A great start to the series and I will definitely buy book 2 to see how the story develops. Buy this book! You will not be disappointed!
on 29 January 2014
enjoyed this book , it,s nice to read a zombie novel where they are just normal people, usually there seems to always be a gun expert , ex soldier or kung foo expert ! this is just a group of young people having to learn as they fight to survive. well done Owen on a well written novel I will be looking forward to part two !
on 2 March 2014
This was an incredible beginning to what I hope will become a long running series as there is definitely potential to discover this new world much further with these unique characters I look forward to book two
on 11 September 2014
A very good addition to the genre by a very capable author. Some original ideas have been introduced to the zombies which gave them some considerable menace.

The characters had a lot of depth and I really began to care for their welfare.

I would recommend to any fans of the dead series as well as readers of the survivors of the dead.

Deserves the 5 stars.
on 5 March 2014
What did I like about it? The fact that the group missed the initial outbreak, that it was a virus that was potentially spread by means other than bites or scratches, that the book was set in Australia not the US for a change, it kept me interested and I enjoyed it, although it was not the the next story of this genre I've read. What didn't I like....? For the first part of the book the characters were interchangeable...hard to differentiate...I had to keep reminding myself who was with who etc. Perhaps a deeper look into the story as each saw it unfold would help with this. I wasn't overseen on the different 'types' of zombies...but I admit this is a personal preference rather than a downfall of the story... For me, for this to get 4 stars I'd like more character depth, and perhaps a little more descriptive text at times... A promising first novel though...
on 19 October 2014
Great first novel, loved the fact that it was in Australia, and of all the complex relationships between the characters! Heading back to the kindle store to pick up the next book and get back into the action!
on 24 March 2016
A group of five friends put to the ultimate test of survival. Will they survive the zombie apocalypse? I really enjoyed this post apocalypse novel! It’s easy to see the author has put a lot of thought into the logistical reality of what it might be like should this situation ever occur. The characters are fleshed out, well developed and learn about their own strengths and weaknesses as the story progresses. A highly recommended read. I’ll certainly be reading the other books in this series.