on 6 January 2016
Really good product
on 20 March 2016
Rubbish Bluetooth. DO NOT SPEND OR WASTE MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT. ITS ABSOLUTELY USELESS.
on 5 April 2014
 This is a really nice Bluetooth speaker. It has many unique features and I like it a lot! This is a Bluetooth wireless speaker that is rechargeable and it is waterproof. It comes with a 32 inch recharging cable and it takes about 1 ½ to 2 hours to charge the speaker using any USB AC wall charger you own or your computer's USB port. The internal lithium battery has a capacity of 800 mAh. Fully charged the speaker will give you 8 hours of music playing time. There is also an instruction sheet included with the speaker. It also has a standby time of 180 hours. After you are done charging the internal battery always make sure that you securely insert the USB cover plug to make the unit waterproof again.

The speaker is water proof and it also floats. It is rated to IP47 which means that it has a dust proof rating of particle sizes of 1 mm or larger and the waterproof rating is 7 meaning it can be submerged in 1 meter of water (39.37 inches) for 30 minutes.

This speaker will link to your smart Bluetooth device to play your music or web radio and the sound out of it is very good. It has good volume and the bass and treble are solid and clear. I play several songs in my video and they really sound good. This speaker can also let you make and receive phone calls and that feature works very well. Another unique feature is that you can pick up the speaker and press a button on the bottom and the speaker becomes a phone handset. You can speak to your caller in a private manner and the performance is excellent. The sound and quality of the phone conversation was as good as any landline phone I have used. If you are listening to music and a call comes in then the music will pause and you can take the phone call. When the call is over and you hang up the music restarts as exactly where it left off at.

I was also able to press the front on button quickly and speak to SIRI or to use voice commands to make a phone call to any of my contacts. It worked perfectly. In my video I show how to pair the unit to your smart device. I also show how to reach SIRI. I float the unit in water and even submerge it.

I like this speaker a lot. I loved the waterproof feature and the size and I particularly liked the phone capability of the speaker. It was excellent to use. The speaker even has a pop up hanging tab on the top of the speaker that you can use to hang it in your shower. This is a very nice speaker and phone. I gave this product a 5 star rating.

I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.
2 people found this helpful
on 14 April 2014
We've all been there. Standing in the shower, covered in soap, eyes full of shampoo and the phone rings. I always stand there wondering what to do, then jump out of the shower to grab the phone thinking it might just be the most important phone call of my life, only to trip over the dog and the rug due to the soap in my eyes and miss the phone call anyway! No more. This Ivation Talk-n-Tunes IPX7 2-in-1 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker and Handset  does away with all of that!

With a waterproof rating of IPX7, this is one of the most waterproof speakers I've tested - and it floats!

▶︎ The IP Code stands for Ingress Protection Rating or International Protection Rating. A rating of IPX7 means that it is not possible for enough water to enter the device under certain set conditions to harm the device.

● Test conditions for IPX7 are submerged in water of at least 1 meter (39.5 inches) measured from the bottom of the device for a duration of 30 minutes.

I tested this device by pairing it with several different cell phones, including an iPhone 5C, and an iPad. Pairing was easy. Hold down the button until you get a flashing red alternating with blue light to put it into pairing mode. It easily received phone calls and we were delighted to find that we could place phone calls over the iPhone 5C easily, though Siri did have some communication difficulties with certain names. "Bob" was OK, "mom" was beyond Siri's power of comprehension. Note that the device also provides a Call Waiting function.

We readily streamed music from both the cell phones and by way of a Pandora app on the iPad. Sound quality was acceptable and volume can be controlled either by way of the unit or the device from which you are streaming music.

The unit charges by way of a USB cable (included).

Grandma's $0.02 - Acceptable sound quality and the ability to make and receive phone calls make this a good choice for use in the shower, but I decided to use mine over the kitchen sink.

Recommended
on 2 April 2014
This little speaker makes me smile - it looks like a little old-fashioned telephone, and you can use it like one, but it's also a speaker phone and an audio speaker. The best part is that it's waterproof so I can use it while kayaking. It allows me to keep my iPhone in a waterproof pouch so I don't have to worry about it getting wet. I can answer calls and listening to music on this speaker via bluetooth without touching my iPhone or taking it out of it's pouch. I have a little suction cup with a hook on it that I stick to the inside of the kayak. I can hang this speaker on the hook with a small retractable loop that's built into the speaker. When the phone rings I can either answer it on speaker mode or I can pick it up like an old fashioned phone and hold it to my ear and talk directly into it. Very retro! When there's a lot of noise it's actually a lot easier to hear while holding it to my ear than with the speakerphone.

This speaker is a lot of fun and the quality of the audio is surprisingly good for such a little speaker. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a waterproof bluetooth speaker, especially if you are looking for something to take boating.