Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.29

on 27 May 2015
Right now the reason for 4 starts and not 5 stars. Simple this is a cracking book from a cracking series but if I gave it 5 stars then what could I give the great SciFi lassics, eg Dune, Foundation, Maze of Death etc? So 4 stars it is and believe me that means it is good, very good.

I get a little peeved that most new ScFi is about war and so much of it is based on Heinlein's Starship Troopers, there is not too much originality on offer these days. Well this book is also about war but is nothing like Heinlein's novel and is very different from anything else I have read and it is pretty much 'un-put-downable'.

Part 1 is contained in the "Stars & Empire: 10 Galactic Tales", which at less than a quid and also contains some other very good novels, so the inclusion of part1 of this series makes the purchase of this collection a complete no-brainer.

Go for it.
on 16 October 2015
The writing is not very professional. Character development is minimal and dialogue is simplistic but the story line moved along quickly and held my attention. I found myself wondering why I was reading this book at times but was able to overcome these feelings as the story would then shoot off and I'd find myself turning the page. There are better reads out there, I'd suggest Christopher Nuttall or C J Cherryh, but if you are stuck for something to pass the hors then give this ago.
on 22 May 2014
3/5 rating because of a simplistic style and the avoidance of detailed narrative around the most significant event in the story.
I would have liked more detail on peripheral technology including weapons and tactics, none of which I found satisfying. The characters were also a bit shallow and little is know about individual s even at this late stage.
on 27 April 2015
Going back to the heady days of EE Doc Smith et al.

Yes it has great action, dodgy science, mystery aggressive aliens, but still makes a decent read.

Some bits are very clever, but maybe the time messages are a little too easy a plot weapon, and could have been a lot subtler in execution. Still the series has got me through a couple of boring flights, even with a WW 1 speaking A.I. pilot....

Give it a go for light relief.
on 5 October 2014
The second instalment in this series improves on the first book. The principal character, Shiloh, is instrumental in continuing the war against the nameless, faceless aliens. The A.I. CFPs (aka fighters) play an increasing role in the conflict, although I question the ever increasing human characteristics they seem to adopt. However, Shiloh's 'visions' are explained, and the A.I. fighters are intrinsically linked to this phenomena.

A better book than the first one, and the author provides an explanation at the end of this book as to how he thinks the dynamics of true space combat would take place, and makes a convincing case. A good read.
on 31 January 2015
I have read and continue to many sci fi novels because of the possibilities such stories invoke in my imagination. We all of us, look to the future with bated breath. What next? What will be the next biological, technological or cultural discovery or breakthrough. For the answers to those questions I read technology publications. Novels, however are pure fantasy. And although I appreciate the authors attempt at bringing an amount of scientific reality to his stories, they are over technical. The storyline has been visited many times before, unknown malevolent alien race all but make humanity an extinct species. Only for them to rise again, better smarter and so on. I don't know the world that the author has created. That's to say, there is nothing to describe the society that exists in this future earth. It is very Americanized and sanitised, it appears. English is the standard language, Anglo American the cultural, economic and political society. Boring and not at all realistic.
I am a curious personality, therefore I will more than likely read the next installment,
on 4 March 2015
I read and enjoyed all four parts of the Synchronicity War. Like all science fiction you set aside your credibility nerve and enjoy the yarn. However in this episode you find out that the enemy are called the Sogas from the advanced race of pacifists who the humans decided to call the Friendlies. The Friendlies are able to communicate with the Sogas and also share with the humans all their knowledge. It never made sense to me, in any of the revised existences, why neither the humans nor the A I's thought to learn from the Friendlies how to communicate with the Sogas so that the situation set up by the "Friendlies" creating the war could have been averted. This oversight is emphasised in Synchronicity War Part 4 where the A I's manage to communicate with the Bugs. Maybe Synchronicity War part 2A or 3A should be written?
on 17 May 2014
I read Part 1 of the series having downloaded it for free! What a good decision that was. I could not put the book down. It was well written, fast paced and the storyline flowed. I finished part 1 in record time and immediately started on Part 2.
The adventure continues and I found the development of the characters well done. Within 24 hours I read the book and have now started the next.

I only wished all the books had been written before I started reading I am very impatient when waiting for a series to continue. Hope the next book is published soon.
on 9 January 2015
There seem to quite a few sci-fi tales based on the earth versus aliens scenario. Dietmar Wehr has taken an interesting approach. I was glad to learn there was a rational explanation for the initial pseudo religious element, rational being of course relative in this case.
I enjoyed the book and will finish off the series. If you like a light hi tec sci-fi read then you will enjoy the book.
on 26 February 2015
I was enthusiastic about the first in the series, but this is even better. No spoiler, but now I understand the title. The essay at the end is very thought provoking and evidences just how much thought has gone into these books.