Customer reviews

Yank! (Original Cast Recording)
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 August 2017
Recently saw this show in London and loved it. The tunes (one in particular) have just been stuck in my head. This is the US cast, but it is exactly the same.as the UK version. Music with a wartime, big band sound, and a great cast. What's not to like?! I suppose it helps if you saw the show, but the songs are pretty good in their own right so give it a go!
on 19 March 2017
Outstanding without qualification.
on 6 March 2014
Let's get my title out of the way...there's NOTHING wrong with this show. I just wish it was a bit longer.

I agree with the reviewers from Amazon.com completely. This is a beautifully melodic score with some very catchy songs and some beautiful lyrics; but it is the performances that really make it shine!
The final minutes of the CD had me in tears. Tragic and beautiful.

At times there are moments of Rodgers & Hammerstein style songs; perfectly evoking the golden age of musicals. But, this show is very much a modern musical - and not just because of the subject matter. I received my copy this morning and I'm currently on my fifth listen and I'm hearing a touch of Sondheim, a smidgeon of Styne, Kander, Loewe and Cy Coleman.

Highly recommended to any fan of musical theatre.