Customer reviews

Triumph and Power
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 4 May 2014
This was "risk" purchase based on Amazon recommendation and the preview snippets on the product page. A very unpretentious, uncomplicated, straight ahead metal sound, reminiscent of the '80s NWOBHM era. You'd have thought that these avenues would have been well trodden over the years, especially when you look at somem of the track titles. but somehow Grand Magus manages to avoid cliche and sound fresh and exciting. For a three piece they don't sound like they're missing anything from the soundscape either. If you like post-Ozzy Sabbath or early 80s metal this should be right up your street. I'll have to see if I can pick up some of their back catalog now.
on 21 July 2015
This album is Fudging brilliant it is far better than the album that came before called The Hunt the riffs are just OMG and the vocals are catchy too it is like a more heavy black sabbath almost just really damn good and concise too not too long like some albums tend to be Magus are just straight to the point this album will be in your player for MONTHS
on 24 June 2016
Eat it. Metal mayhem just as it should be. Follows true to form for these guys...no surprises, just great anthemic tunes woven into a Scandinavian fabric of axes, hammers, Norse gods, leather tankards, armour, sword fighting and beards. What is there not the like?
on 29 August 2016
Having been thrilled by sword songs and then buying hammer of the north as a result I was looking forward to another masterpiece. However the tunes just aren't there and it ends up being Viking metal by the numbers. One to avoid by grand magus
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 8 August 2017
I love Sabaton, and have recently added Grand Magus to my collection. Love the group.
on 7 March 2014
Grand Magus have been refining their style over the last couple of albums.
While there are obvious nods to Manowar (think classic Manowar, not the parody they became after Ross the Boss left) the band is easily recognisable, not in the least because of JBs voice.
This is as good as heavy metal gets in the 21st century.
on 27 May 2016
great record... heavy songs
on 6 October 2015
VERY PLEASED
on 24 June 2016
Bought before I went to see them at Download. Excellent CD and excellent live.
on 4 March 2014
Grand Magus have gradually over the years become one of my favourite bands of all time. Starting with their old albums; Grand Magus and Monument (Which I highly recommend picking up) of doom metal and slow heavy riffs, they have developed their style into proper hard and heavy metal. Their recent album Triumph and Power is one of their best albums to date. At first I was expecting it to grab me straight away like their previous album The Hunt did. However, after my first whole listen of the album I didn't quite appreciate what I had heard. How wrong was I after I had a few more listens, the album latched onto me and never let me go with it's heavy riffs and awesome lyrics. The album is very heavy metal focused, with deep powerful lyrics backed up with a strong and sturdy riffs which will get you banging your head and singing along with pure enthusiasm.
I give this album 5/5. Definitely worth buying, Grand Magus continue to 'Triumph' the heavy metal scene, bringing back classic heavy metal that the pioneers of the genre first developed.