Customer reviews

Marching With Caesar-Final Campaign
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.89

on 5 May 2017
I read a lot of Roman history by lots of different authors. These are long stories but you will never get bored, there's always a new twist, or story starting. Made better by the fact, that as closely as possible the author has followed written history.
on 16 August 2017
The best series of books I've ever read simply fantastic!
on 11 June 2017
could not put it down
on 17 December 2013
I have read the marching with Caesar book series since book one and the series so far has been an amazing read. I have to admit the final campaign brought a tear to my eyes and I felt the struggle of what Titus had been through since the first days in the 10th legion.
The ending of Titus and using the writers personal experience to show the comradeship of the time has been a pleasure to read.
I thank you once again Peake for giving me a great series to read and not having to wait for one book a year and forget the story line.
Can't wait to read the next instalment.
Once again Peake your a legend in my book please please keep the series coming I would of been more than happy to pay slightly more for the kindle option!
on 29 September 2014
Another execptional book in this series from RW Peake. Clearly other than being a soldier, this man had another oustanding calling that I'm really glad he found. Titus Pullus and the next generations of his progeny provide the mileau of an epic and well researched tale of perhaps the most tumultuous and formative episode in the history of Rome. Well researched, well written and clearly the similarities of being a soldier have crossed the eons as Peake is a natual at capturing the details, small and big challenges of a soldiers lot. Absolutely well done.
on 21 December 2013
The whole series of ' marching with Caesar' has been a fantastic read and this doesn't disappoint. It is well written, exciting and sad . I stayed up till 3am to finish it as I couldn't put it down.
on 10 March 2014
brilliant. This finalises the life and career of Titus and I have thoroughly enjoyed the whole series. I have almost lived through this part of history and have fought all the battles alongside the legionnaires.
on 23 October 2014
Enjoyed all these novels - the authors own military experience linked with his excellent historical knowledge make these books about as close as we can get to a first hand account of what it might have being like to be a Centurion in the armies of the late Roman Republic.

This final novel is more focused on the characters interaction with political situation within Rome as Octavian establishes himself as a defacto monarch. Whilst there is less battlefield action in this book its still a good read and if you have read the previous novels you will be invested in the characters enough to appreciate the story arch being bought to a satisfying end.
on 3 December 2013
Again a great read keeping us on our toes and a great end to this saga.look out for the missing scroll.Will you notice it? Well done author but I'm sure it will bug the fans of Titus lol
on 16 April 2014
Well, what can I say, it's the end of a long road. Great book from an author that clearly understands the military mind at the end of Service.

Well written, rounded narrative with characters of real depth. A simply great conclusion to a fantastic series.

Sad to see him go. Your watch is done, Titus Pullo, soldier of Rome!