on 31 December 2014
I'm a yo yo dieter. Lost 6 stone, then put 7 back on. I'm tired of low fat no fat, artificial foods which I have been consuming with little or no good effect - apart from the yo yo ing weight. My son in law has been trying to let me in on the secret of 'natural' food, of good fats - think butter instead of low fat spread. Remember when most of the food we bought was fresh, and didn't contain an essay length list of additives? There wasn't a low fat or no sugar option, we just bought the whole food. Thats what this book is about - no processed, intensively farmed, chemically altered food. The focus is on fresh, organic and free range. I'm sold on the concept I now just have to implement it. Olive oil, cheese, roasted cauliflower, free range chicken.... The pineapple salsa is brilliant. have to rethink my shopping, find places that sell real food and go back to my future. I knew my great nan knew what she was doing when she did the roast potatoes in lard!
13 people found this helpful
on 10 April 2015
Really enjoyed reading and applying the contents of Mike Gearys book. I found the receips were easy to make and the ingredients available in the UK . Plenty of tips on healthy and unhealthy foods. Do not be put of by the cover as the contents of this book is for everyone . Would most definitely recommend Fat belly Kitchen.
6 people found this helpful
on 17 February 2014
Bought this on advice from fitness trainer and its been very helpful. The recipes at teh back are good, esp if like me you're trying to figure out how to lose the carbs for 14 days! In conjunction with The Gabriel Method Cookbook, most of my bases seem to be covered. Just one comment though, bonus #7 Cardio workouts, the password/user name doesn't work :(
4 people found this helpful
on 6 June 2017
A basic, down to earth, no glossy pictures recipe book. Just what I need really. I spend way too much looking at the pictures in more colourful cookbooks. Looking through some of the recipes, I know this book will be very useful.
on 19 February 2015
Unfortunately didnt learn anything new from this book, but if you want to know about how good certain foods are for you and want a regime to follow then have a look. It also uses American foods in the diet.
One person found this helpful
on 23 May 2015
some good recipes and a lot of good advice but mainly an american inclined publication
2 people found this helpful
on 24 January 2018
Ok
on 3 July 2016
No mention of beer or vino tinto, two of your 5 A Day...
on 11 May 2016
fantasc book ...you will learn alot
on 16 April 2017