on 22 January 2014
Crosby is a good writer and this story proves it. The book is good and interesting; the objection I have is that half of the book is but a period of 2 days and the other half of book is a period of several months. It seems like Crosby started writing and then was 'reined in' by her editor who said 'cut it short'.
I would like to read more about how Aidan and Lili got on during first few weeks of their marriage, their arguments and a general explanation why their relationship is strong at the end, why Lili suddenly trust Aidan, etc....
I have to say the end of the book is a bit confusing and everything happens really fast without sufficient information.
It was a good read, and don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this book, but I think the final climax of the story could have been developed more.
I am presuming that the Guardian of the Stone series will continue with Aidan's sisters stories and can't wait to read them..
on 28 April 2014
Having read all the books in sequence the connection between the characters and events has lead to the enjoyment of the overall theme of being in Scotland approximately 1200's. The author has been articulate with their detail so while reading one feels they have been transported back in time and are present to events. The story held my attention prmoting me to read to all hours into the night until I had devoured the series. This was an amazing read and enjoyed every moment spent with the characters.
on 31 January 2014
I think I read my first Tanya Anne Crosby book a little over a year ago. I immediately discovered that before I would finish one of her books, I'd be going back to Amazon to order the next one! She is now one of my favorite authors, to the point that when she has a new book out, I don't even read the reviews, I simply purchase it because I KNOW that it will be an excellent book. Highland Fire is the 15th book of her's that I've read. I was lucky enough to receive an advance copy from her and well....let me just say, she didn't let me down! I began reading, thinking how on earth can she come up with something new enough to capture my interest yet again. But immediately not only was my interest captured but I simply could not put this book down! I'm a fast reader but I read this one in one day because I didn't do anything that day but read. LOL No housework, no meal preparation.....just reading. THIS BOOK IS JUST THAT GOOD! I absolutely recommend Highland Fire, with no reservations at all. It's a wonderful book!
on 31 January 2014
I love stories related to Scotland especially the medieval period! If you love Scottish historical romances, like me, you will enjoy Tanya Anne Crosby’s new book HIGHLAND FIRE of her new series Guardians of the Stone. It’s fast paced and filled with action. Some of her characters from her previous books make an appearance, like Broc. It’s the story of Aidan and his clan and Lileas, a healer. Believed to be a witch, she is given in marriage to Aidan as a sign of peace. He and his clan holds the key of the mysterious true Stone of Destiny. For the sake of peace, they both decide to unite, but will he be able to trust her, being his enemy’s daughter? Will she betray him? It’s a story of vengeance, betrayal and secrets. Follow the journey of the Guardians of the Stone. Highland Fire is the first book into Ms. Crosby new series and I am sure you will enjoy it! It’s another, well written and captivating Scottish romance you won’t want to miss! She has me hooked to her Scottish stories and I’m looking forward to read her next book in this series!
on 31 January 2014
5.0 out of 5 stars I am in love with another one of Tanya Anne Crosby's characters and his name is Aidan dun Scoti! Highland Fire is brilliant!!!, January 15, 2014
By Barb114 (usa) - See all my reviews

Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Highland Fire (Guardians of the Stone) (Volume 1) (Paperback)
Scotland, 1125, the Legend Begins ...
For two centuries, Aidan dún Scoti kinsmen have guarded Scotland's greatest secret, awaiting a worthy successor to arise and unite the Highland clans. His people are the last of the "Painted Ones," the guardians of the true Stone of Destiny.

A Struggle for Power
The Highland tribes are fractured. Scotland's King David seeks an alliance with the fierce mountain Scot. But only one woman will tempt Aidan dún Scoti--the accursed beauty whose father once betrayed his clan ...

Tempted by revenge
Cursed by Aidan's people for the sins of her father, Lìleas MacLaren is the one woman he believes he is immune to. Offered in marriage by David of Scotland as a guise for peace, she is also the one woman who may bring the fierce chieftain to his knees.

Rich with history and lore, HIGHLAND FIRE brings back favorite characters from The Highland Brides and introduces you to new ones..

This is a wonderful I have been reading books by Tanya Anne Crosby for over twenty years and I must says this is one one of my favorites, this story is just amazing as I absolutely loved it. If your addicted to Scottish history and lore like myself then this book is absolutely for you as it has that and plenty more.

Starts off with King David mac Mhaoil Chaluim trying to squash Scottish rebellion among the highland tribes. He wants to do this without war or bloodshed but the most rebellious is the one high in the mountains beside Mackinnon another thorn in his side.

Talk about paying for the sins of the father, Padruig Caimbeul, yet it is predicted the cursed daughter,n Liliea of the evil man who destroyed your clan will be its savior. Yet only love will be its true savior. There is evilness blackmail holding Lily's son for ransom as well to do these men's dirty work. Brother in law of first deceased husband Stuart Rogan is no a nice guy and has a mistress do her dirty work as well.

Aidan dún Scoti known to some as mountain people for David he is a threat to his throne, although he has shown no interest as of yet. His tribe still follows the old ways and keeps out of Scottish politics as they consider themselves Picts the only clan to still following the old ways painting themselves blue and white and even with woman warriors.

Of course the rumors just fly about these people think they pick their teeth with their enemies bones.

Lileas is a great healer, which comes to Aidan's clan during a mysterious illness will she be able to save them, earn their trust or will she comply with the evil King and his cronies and kill Aidan for the sake of her son?

This clan is also the guardians of the mysterious stone that is old as time, but no one except Aidan dún Scoti and his clan know where it is hidden the real reason they don't get involved in others politics as they are the guardians of the stone!.

This book is brilliant truly I just loved it and hated that it had to end. It has so many twists and turns plot and sub plots.

I fell in love with Aidan how could ye not - so bonny and I loved his family even the old crone and original who put the curse on Lily long before her birth.

Just loved this book and I can't wait to read the next one in this series!
Why no voting buttons? We don't let customers vote on their own reviews, so the voting buttons appear only when you look at reviews submitted by others.
Comment Comment
on 1 February 2014
Oh what a wonderful job you did on this book Tanya. I loved it from beginning to the very end. Can't wait for the next one in the series. I loved the interaction of all the character. Aidan dún Scoti and Lìleas MacLaren are a great couple. Highly recommend this book if you love highlanders, romance, intrigue, humor and of course a great tale by a amazing author.
on 31 January 2014
If you have read Tanya's books before you know that her books have a magical touch. The way she combines beautiful descriptions, humor, love, intrigue results in a wonderful book that makes you feel like you are right there next to Aidan and Lili
to witness their story. Love her books!!!! This book is a must !!!
Adriana K
on 3 March 2015
I have read a couple of other books of tanya crosby that i have quite enjoyed. This one however was extremely descriptive to the point of being boring and there was not much interaction between the main characters, it was mainly a description and repetition of their thoughts rather than dialogues.... Lacked passion... The story had the potential to be much more interesting, yet it wasn't the case..
on 29 March 2014
It was the most detailed book that I have ever read apart from the ending two chapters which felt rushed and spoilt the book slightly. Otherwise it was very good.
on 10 November 2014
Excellent book, Tanya Anne Crosby is a brilliant author. I have read many of her books and enjoyed everyone. Thank you.