Colour Name: Grey|Change
Price:£28.87+ Free shipping

on 24 November 2014
The sound quality is clear but lacking bass presence. They are ideal with everything except bass-heavy tracks. As an Urbanears product however this is rectified by two things - price and design.

You're getting a good quality product for the price point, although the Panasonic RP TCM125 is a cheaper and with more balanced sound. Design-wise however these cannot be beat by any other company. They look great, are shaped so that they feel wonderful and WILL NOT fall out of your ears no matter what (and my ears are notoriously hard to fit), come in a range of colours that change every year or two and have a number of tangle-resisting innovations: woven cable sheath, the ear pieces click together securely and theres a simple but effective clasping solution built into the jack that keeps your coiled cable from unravelling. This isn't temperamental or subject to knocks - I've had them for a long time and they've been solid 100% of the time.
on 17 June 2014
Considering the price and the reviews, expectations were good.

However, the sound quality was poor, but more notably, the volume was terrible and it was actually difficult to hear much at all.
When compared to my bog-standard Sony EX in-ear headphones, the comparison was painfully evident.

I instead purchased another paid of Sony EX for £11 in Tesco and they are more than good enough.

These were returned to Amazon who dealt with it impeccably.
on 2 January 2016
Been very happy in the past few months I've been using these earphones. They are sturdy, and even if the sound quality is not the best, it is quite good for this price. I would recommend if you're looking for cheap earphones that are not terrible.
on 26 September 2015
I'm not very well versed in sound technology so my review is more on the overall/practical side.
Earphones arrived within a few days in an nice box of their respective colour (all Urbanears do) with a manual and accessories neatly packed in.
Very good sound isolation, I've also used them as ear protection in really noisy environments. They emit a nice, bass-rich sound and sit comfortably in the ear. They only come with three sizes of earbuds (S, M, L) so if you have a super-special ear shape it might be a good idea to get a replacement set of your very own size.
The microphone is on the left side, and is better than most of my friends' phones' microphones so for any calls longer than 30 seconds, I plug my Urbanears in.
There's a nifty way to loop them around so they don't tangle, but if you're too lazy they won't give too much trouble untangling them either.
Their colour is not the most UV-bright orange that I hoped for but still very bright and good - and you can clip them around your neck for later use.
I have worn them for about a month, with a few days where they were worn for about 6 hours solid without much trouble. If I don't add an update to this review within a year or two, it means they are still functioning well!
on 10 April 2016
I realy liked the sound and comfort of these earphones, and very happy with the bass too despite what everybody else says.
But!
My first pair broke after maybe 10 months. I got sent a new one free, subject to returning the faulty ones, and these now broke too at less than 10 months. I am very carefull with my earphones and if I spend more than say 10 or 15 on them, I'd like them to get past the year! So I'm really disappointed in terms of durability. Don't know if others had the same problem.
on 1 December 2014
I had the urban ears bagis before these and they were way better. The headphones lack bass so badly it's not even a joke. You can push them in with your fingers and the bass becomes acceptable. The sound quality is on par with the Apple EarPods. The headphones sit in snug but they hurt after a while because they have sharp edges. I don't know it must be my ears and the reviews you find on the web are very misleading. You only get bass if you listen to proper bass heavy songs and I'm not always in the mood for bass heavy songs.

It seems like urban ears is a company made up of a bunch of designers who couldn't care less about ergonomics.
on 18 March 2016
Unbelievable.. Headphones went through a 1400 spin 40degree wash. And they still work. Dont think it had any effect on the sound quality. Big fan. Great to run with because of the shape. I like the premium feel. The sound quality is ok for affordable in ear headphones but not as good as an over ear pair.
on 27 January 2014
OK, so these looked amazing on the eye, had great features; the snap-together buds and built in cable tie, but I found mixed reviews regarding sound quality - my only concern when purchasing...

Upon opening the box and eagerly exploring the apple-esque origami box, I was at first slightly disappointed... The snap-together buds seemed somewhat clunky and came apart with a distinct 'pop'. I had it in my head when purchasing there must be a magnet in there or something.
I wasn't expecting to have to use as much force when connecting them and with my track history for destroying headphones (cramming them into pockets all over the place, cycling, climbing, sailing, running, freerunning, even hanging off my climbing harness and all in some pretty awful weather too) it seemed like one more thing to I'm likely to accidentally break...

The cable tidy thing is positively awesome. ...Walkman's took over our ears in the 80's - going on 3 and a half decades to solve the issue of tangled wires and no ones thought of this yet? Get the damn pending patent patented!

As for the fit, my girl was at work so I took no shame in thrashing my head around like a madman trying to get these to budge - they didn't.

So to the sound... and my story goes like this...

I started off with some Rudimental - it sounded no better than the £3 stand-ins I picked up from Morrions on the angry music-less commute when I broke my last proper pair... Honestly, I thought what the hell have I gone and bought..? It all seemed very flat and overly bassy - was I not listening hard enough?

Next, Devlin - Brainwashed - a bassy track, they'll be in there element, I thought... And indeed they were - technical bass (so all you Dubstep/DNB/Electro/House) sounds simply amazing - there's bass there I'd not heard away from my HiFi... I wasn't won over, what about high's?

Third, Jakwob - Fade; soft high vocals with bass and everything in between - a good song to test any earphones/speakers by - and this is where they really started to shine... They played the song as it sounds - soft high vocals replicated perfectly, with no distortion on the highest notes, or the lowest bass line.

Lastly, Wilkinson - Afterglow; the song that made this guy - having been a long term fan and tipping this to be the song to get him in the charts, then it happening, I have heard it so many times on so many speakers - I've heard it sound spinetinglingly good and be truly destroyed...
These beauties certainly don't do the latter; and my recommendation goes a bit like this...

...yes, they suit bassy music, if this is all you listen to you may as well go for the £3 Morrisons pair and save yourself the £££'s. There is a near constant bass in the background, its like they can't make a sound without some level of bass, but unless you're listening to very different types of music to me then the midrange (amazing) and high's (can keep up with the lows and mids, but not quite as powerful) then I don't think this will bother you; TURN THEM UP LOUD AND THEY'LL BLOW YOU AWAY! if you're coming from stock earbuds I'm guessing most will enjoy this...

If you're a pansy and don't like the bass, reduce it in your EQ settings.
on 29 September 2015
Amazing cut from the surrounding noise. Great design, perfect packaging and terrific sound.
on 26 May 2016
I bought these earphones only 3 months ago and they've stopped working even though I take good care of them and store them in a pouch whenever I don't use them . What a shame as I thought they looked good and were practical but I was definitely hoping to use them longer especially as they were not cheap compared to other brands. Would not recommend them then as I think they are bad value for the time they lasted.