Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 18 July 2017
takes me back good
on 12 January 2014
This album is a collection of various tracks from the 1950s and some from the 1960s that have been featured in various films. I knew most of the songs on this album, but there were a handful of songs that I had not previously heard. However, this did not spoil my enjoyment of this album, which is excellent and contains some rock n roll classics. The sound quality is as good as can be expected from songs of this vintage, though it is better on some of the tracks than on others. The volume on some of the songs also varies, so I seemed to be continually fiddling with the volume control on my CD player, but this is a common problem on a lot of recent compilations. My only other gripe is that there is really very little on this album that has not been included on previous compilations, so I would recommend it more to someone who is buying their first rock n roll album, or as a gift, or who does not already have these songs. However, this is still well worth buying and is great value for money, because you get 3 CDs for less than the price of some modern compilations. I can recommend this to fans of rock n roll, or anyone who likes music from this era. An almost essential purchase and four stars from me.
on 27 July 2016
I was actually looking for the song "Stolen Kisses" which is titled Baises Voles from the original French film. It was impossible to read/know what was on this CD so I just took a punt and it wasn't on it as it turned out. The collection is pretty interesting but it didn't contain the one song I actually wanted.
on 22 December 2014