on 30 July 2013
Have to echo the above comments. Very surprised how well made it is, and how comfortable it is to carry. I have seen a 50 x 40 x20 case with wheels but it is £39.99 ...more than double the price of this. The only thing I am going to do is personalise the handle with some yellow sticky tape..because it won't be long before the entire plane lockers are full of these cases. Printing the dimensions on the case is a masterstroke..a metaphorical 'up yours' to Easyjet !
on 24 March 2014
I bought this as a 'fails safe' so was to not get ripped off by the budget airlines who suddenly decide that your bag is too big and charge you £40 to take it. To be honest I didn't expect much, just a canvas bag with a zip and outside pocket but the quality is very good. There is a net compartment in the 'lid' to separate things as well as the outside compartment for easy access to travel documents. My only complaint is that this external pocket is a quarter of an inch too short for A4 paper/documents. They will fit but it's fiddly to zip up. It's puzzling why the makers didn't make this just about 10mm deeper and it would be perfect.
Size is fine, I am a pretty light traveller and there is plenty of room for what it want to take on a week in Europe.
The backpack straps are padded with padding on the back of the bag too for comfort. I am quite wide across the back but this fits fine.
Thoroughly recommend this.
on 27 July 2013
UPDATE: In response to several requests I have uploaded a photo to show how the black one opens. As you'll see - not 100% "suitcase" flat, but pretty close. The manufacturer's picture of the black is wrong. It's the same structure as the green and purple. The bag has made several trips since my first review and amazes me every time with how much it holds. The top handle is strong enough to handle max weight (sronger than I am, 10kg on the wrist is a killer).

ORIGINAL: At last, something that is exactly as described. And very well made, too. The main compartment opens almost flat, so can be packed like a suitcase, and there is a separate internal zipped compartment. Outside there is a useful front pocket. Even when stuffed full it still passes the new EasyJet "50 x 40 x 20" test (ignore the silly advertiser's error where the bag is shown in a "56 x 45 x 25" test cage).

The top handle is wide and well padded for comfortable carrying, likewise the shoulder straps. And there is padding on the shoulder areas too. This really is an excellently designed product and will travel everywhere with me.
77 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 December 2014
WoW !!! As previously stated by numerous reviewers , this bag is amazing ! I found it so lightweight and sturdy. Packed for a whole 17 days snowboarding in the Alpes including a pair of Yeti boots ...Still the bag only weighed 8kg and there was more space if I wished. Yes ... My ONLY quibble is the size of the outside pocket ... One inch deeper and my laptop would have fitted perfectly. Chose the vibrant blue bag and it looks great. I am a petit woman and found the bag very comfortable to carry. The padding for the back as well as the strap padding afforded a comfortable fit. Cannot recommend this enough ... Bloody brilliant !!!
on 17 April 2014
bought for holiday to turkey on easy jet flight

no problems both way

bag has zipped netting inside for separating good or small items.

other side has section for clothes with fastening straps to keep clothes in place while traveling.

had no problems with straps and handles even with heavy loads

great for travel and using to go to beach etc

found easier than ones with wheels and handles as no worries when get to stairs
on 9 August 2013
It is good. Having the dimensions on the bag is a great idea. BUT if you pack it full, it does exceed the dimensions, because it will expand beyond the 50x40 and especially the 20. Its bound to because it is not a hard case. So don't get me wrong, i think its great. Easy to carry even for me at 60+. I just always worry about some Sleazyjet jobsworth who decides to challenge a passenger who has done so much to comply with the airline's unfair rules on cabin baggage. I would give it 5 stars, but i would worry about the expansion when full.
on 2 April 2014
Amazing how much you can get in this Easy-jet approved cabin bag. Packed for a week in the sun with daily clothes changes plus jeans, a jumper, cardy, beach towel, flat handbag & the 20cmx20cm toiletry allowance bag. The secret is to roll not fold, Excellent quality & comfortable on the back
on 8 December 2013
This does the job well. I took a week's clothing etc. to a cold weather location. Lots of tops (about 4), one pair trousers, one pair leggings, one skirt, one cardigan, one sweater tunic, plenty of underwear, two pairs of pyjamas, a waterproof jacket in case - AND maps, a book, a Sat Nav and wash stuff and make up!

I think it is amusing that it has the minimum dimensions for cabin luggage printed on it!

If I could make one change in the design - it would be to also put a handle on the long side.
on 21 February 2014
Does exactly what it says and surprisingly roomy. Could just do with a handle on the longer side! Thank you
VINE VOICEon 24 August 2015
Wonderfully well made and providing they it is packed so that it does't bulge, it is perfect for taking on board the plane instead of hold baggage.

Mine cost less to buy than one journey's hold baggage would have cost.

I have fitted enough stuff in one for a 5 day trip, and my son has used it for a 2 week trip although he did do some washing while he was away.

It doesn't fit into the Flybe overhead locker so I had to put it on the floor in front of me, which took up a lot of my leg room.

It DOES fit into the Ryan Air overhead locker.