Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 26 April 2014
It takes Douglas Henshall to carry the lead role in this new drama but I think it is brilliant. I look forward to many more years of this series.
on 5 June 2014
If you have ever wanted to visit 'The Islands' this series will call you in.Thomas Hardy like, the landscape is a character in this gorgeous series. Get sucked in to the local intrigue, revel in the language and the life style and enjoy this lovely series.
on 4 June 2014
We have visited Shetlands, so it was brilliant to see a tough detective series set in and near places we have walked round. It really does capture the feel of the islands. Douglas Henshall is absolutely brilliant. We are eagerly awaiting the next series.
on 28 May 2014
This gets my 5 star rating because it is beautifully written and presented. So atmospheric that you can almost feel as if you are actually there. The storylines are superb and the actors are very believable. Can't wait for the next series to appear.
on 17 May 2016
I enjoyed every show! The acting is great and the writing excellent. I didn't want them to end. As for the scenery, well breathtaking of course. I bought the series because it looked good and I couldn't watch them any other way. I was not disappointed.
on 26 April 2014
brilliantly atmospheric, characters played brilliantly. love perez. cant wait for serious 3.now want to visit Shetland and experience the beautiful scenery
on 19 May 2014
It is a great story and keeps you in suspense until the end. Douglas Henshall plays the part very well and his lofty personality, with his cold blue eyes makes the character in the books. It made me wanting more. It's a shame we have to wait.
on 7 June 2014
Offbeat detective show . Engaging characters and intriguing plot lines, all with beautiful views of this Shetlands. Way better than the average formulaic US TV shows. I thought this was a well worthwhile purchase.
on 4 June 2014
This was a very good series and the setting and scenery was incredible. I can understand the problems of little opportunities in such an isolated setting, but the ability to go back home is such a positive draw
on 9 May 2016
I just love this series, Douglas Henshall is just the best for this program. The stories are gripping and we get to see some of the lovely scenery as a bonus, what is there not to like, more of the same please.