Customer reviews

on 13 February 2016
This was a really lovely read. I enjoyed the writing style and the slow burn romance between Ryke and Kate. There is very little sex in this book but it wasn't needed. I found it refreshing that neither were thinking they were in love so early on. It felt realistic how their relationship progressed.

Ryke and Kate meet at grief counselling. Kate lost her baby 18 weeks into her pregnancy after being abandoned by the father. Two years ago, Ryke had lost his wife in a car accident. Ryke is at a different stag of grief to Kate. He has come to terms with his loss and of course we learn that his marriage was not that happy. Kate has struggled with her loss. Losing the baby has made her scared to have sex or a relationship again. Ryke offers her a job being his PA and they are attracted to each other but both holding back.

I liked both Ryke and Kate and I liked the pacing of this romance. If I had one criticism, it would be that sometimes the timeline jumped forward and would leave me a bit confused at the start of a chapter. This book was written a few years ago so after looking up the author, I'm pleased to see there is another book about this couple which I'm going to read and other books in this series about other Hockey players. Not that there was much Hockey in this book but I recommend it.
on 20 March 2017
*This book was reviewed for Summer's Eve Reads*

Title: Bound Fire On Ice #1
Author: Brenda Rothert
Genre: Contemporary Sports
Romance
Rating: 3/5

I read this as part of the box set, it was emotional & heartbreaking, Brenda's style of writing has you feeling like you are right there with the characters feeling every emotion they are going through it was like reading one of those real life women's magazines where you follow the persons journey from start to finish experiencing the highs & lows with them. This wasn't my favourite book in the series but I did enjoy it none the less, 3 stars out of 5 from me.
on 28 May 2017
My first read by this author. I bought it 3 years ago but only read now. Don't know why I waited. I like authors writing style that kept me gripped to the end. I wasn't aggravated by the angst. Maybe because it was understandable. Will look to read more from author.
on 6 January 2015
This was so unexpected. It's not often unread a book that affects me as much as this one did. Perhaps it's because of the grief, perhaps it's because the characters are so well written that you feel drawn into a very real feeling world. I forget this was a tale I was reading, it was so easy to believe I was reading two peoples harrowing journey back to happiness..... I will read the rest as I so enjoyed this book that had me crying then smiling.
on 30 May 2017
Absolutely love everything written by Brenda. This story kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way through, can't wait for more.
on 7 October 2017
It is nice book to read ,ideal for holiday reading I found it a little predictable but ok..if you want a happy ending .
on 13 May 2016
A very touching story about loss and love. Loved the characters and it was kept simple, so a great short read that was touching.
on 27 December 2014
About a young 22 year old woman who falls pregnant only for her boyfriend to run. She then goes for a scan and finds no heart beat. The story evolves to a good ending
on 29 July 2014
Great easy to read, good storyline, characters developing nicely, looking forward to more books by this author.
on 26 March 2014
Written with such emotion I really felt for the two leads. I couldn't put it down! Can't wait to read book two!