Format: Kindle Edition|Change

Author: Marie Hall
From: Amazon
Genre: Romance, Fantasy, Fairytale Retelling
Release Date: 22nd November 2013
Challenges: 2015 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (2 points)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Calanthe is a flower fairy, but she's always felt like she doesn't quite fit in. When she steals a Moon's Flower and lets it grow; something changes. Her soul becomes connected with the Man in the Moon. Jericho has been trapped in the Moon for 200 years, only being able to roam the land once a month. When they meet the passion consumes them, even if it breaks laws, rules and hearts.

So it's been ages since I last picked up a Kingdom book, but I was just in the mood for some kind of happy fairy tale romance, with a little bit of maturity to it! Except Moon's Flower wasn't quite the same as the previous books, and I haven't worked out whether to count the ending as happy, sad or just bittersweet.

One thing Moon's Flower did do was answer several questions about Danika...partly how she ended up having to be Godmother to the Villians, but also what her past is with several of the other fairies. I liked finding out more about her, but felt that some of it was quite sad.

The romance between Calanthe and Jericho was sweet for the most part, with a couple of passionate encounters and I thought it worked well. I wasn't sure where the whole thing was going to go because of the Moon's connection to the Sun, but again I thought that this worked.

I did end up completely surprised by the major plot twist in Moon's Flower. Did not see that one coming at all, though I do think that it worked well. I like being surprised by the books that I read, especially cause it doesn't often happen. In fact I wasn't sure how this book would end until it did.

Definitely a good addition to the series, and I'm looking forward to the rest!
on 27 December 2013
This book was more melancholic and sad than the other books in the Kingdom Series, but just as good. It tells the story of Jericho, the Man in the Moon and Calanthe, a flower fairy.

Jericho has resigned himself to a lonely life as the ruler of the moon. Living by himself on the lonely planet, only sharing his castle with one companion, Siria, who rules the sun. Hating her for condemning him to this life for five hundred years, he wants to keep as far from her as possible. But all this gloom and doom is broken by a fairy's touch of the moon flower. A touch that sparks new life in him. His character was the saddest one of all the Kingdom men. He felt so resigned and hopeless.

Calanthe is a flower fairy but not content with the life she leads. She wants more than the life of a fairy can give her, which feels empty and pointless to her. But she does not know what she is missing, until she plants a moon flower and touches it, feeling there is more to it than the eye can see. Calanthe was such a spit-fire. I loved her breaking rules, I loved her looking for more and I loved that she dared to be different.

When Jericho and Calanthe meet, a passion and love ignites that connects them on the deepest level. Both know they are breaking rules and playing with fire, but they cannot give up what they have. That is until they are forced apart by betrayal, hate and revenge.
Will they ever be able to find their way back together?

Through most of this story I was convinced this would be the one Kingdom series tale without a happy end. It was so sad and gloomy, but in the most delicious way. I felt Jericho's and Calanthe's longing and pain and despair. The story was so well-written that I was in a different dimension while reading it. The narrative just takes you on a trip through the Kingdom, making everything come to life. And trust me...at the end you won't want to leave the place.

Moon's Flower, just like the rest of the Kingdom Series is the perfect book to make you forget the real world for a while, to emerge yourself into fantasy and give you a break from the usual angst and heart-ache.

5+ deliciously fantastic and other-worldly stars.
on 25 November 2013
Having read the first Kingdom books, I often wondered (and hoped) if there would be another installment. When news of this book broke - via newsletter update from the author - I was over the moon. Literally.

Danika, our favourite Godmother, returns with a new tale to tell. A tale of love and betrayal. True love wins out but at a cost.

This tale was bravely woven, it wrapped around my heart and will forever be a loved story. Bravo, Marie Hall. You have told an enchanting tale that will stay with me for a long time to come.
on 5 August 2015
I'm so happy I've discovered Marie Hall books. I've loved every single one so far and this one is no exception. I can't put into words how I feel while reading any book in the Kingdom series. They are all brilliant and reading them fills me with joy and happiness.
Marie Hall thank you so much for writing every single word in every single book. They are all fantastic and you are a genius.
on 26 September 2015
I am totally in love with this series and am continuing to follow the kingdom characters under 'Marie Hall's new pen name - Jovee Winters

I won't give spoilers but basically take everything you ever new about the bad boys and girls from the enchanted forest and chuck it out the window.
This series will have you rethinking it all :-D

Go On - Treat yourself
on 29 March 2015
Wow what a beautiful emotional story! I have got to say, I really hope the man on the moon becomes a more permanent character in the next stories, because I would love to see him and 'calante' together. It does leave one question unresolved though... what happened to that evil woman the sun?? Would love karma to get her and the blue.
on 20 January 2014
The first book I've read where I couldn't finish a chapter for the tears in my eyes. Such a sad story but as all fairytales have.... A happy ending... Something I was really relying on to get me through the tissue turning pages.

Very much looking forward to the Huntsman now.
on 2 November 2014
For me, even though I really enjoyed this book, and it's still written as well as usual, it's not one of my favourite Marie Hall stories. I think because it wasn't so much of a turned-upside-down, well - known, traditional fairy tale. Still a great story though
on 29 January 2014
Not the best of her collection but still a good book. Candy wait for the next instalment and I think I may have fell a little bit in love with the man in the moon too. Just wish it had a proper happy ending where they could always be together
on 19 June 2014
You will love this if you have followed Danikas other stories and without giving anything away this is a beautiful addition for a fairy godmother that always takes care of everyone else.