on 11 June 2017
My son loves these books
on 28 July 2017
Good book short read holds your attention, good imagination.
Highly recommended..
Worth reading looking forward to next book on next coach trip.
on 11 August 2017
it is definitely as interesting as the first with more turns and suspenseful momements
on 30 December 2013
I read part one and I loved it. I gave it 4 stars, it lost a star because of the teenage rubbish and the continual reference to how she felt about a particular boy.

I have just finished reading part 2. It starts of really well and then just turns into rubbish. There are parts of it that are okay but on the whole I just grew to hate it. It also becomes a little unbelievable in terms of the number of near death experiences they have.

The most irritating part is the way the girl has a flush of some sort every time she comes into contact(touch, breath, vicinity, look) with either 1 of 2 boys. And believe me this happens on every page of the book, sometimes 2-3 times. At least a quarter of the book is about this.

The second most irritating part is the way in which the authors re-regurgitate the main characters feelings of caring and responsibility she has for the team, in particular her sister. Another quarter of the book is based on that. We have heard it enough, give it a rest.

Now there isnt just one boy that she likes but there might be 2. this obsessions with authors where they seem to think that all teenage books need a love triangle. We have seen it in Twilight and Hunger games. In The Hunger Games it is dealt with elegantly where its subtlety is kept in the background.

I will not be buying the next book. Its a real pity because I though it had potential.
on 14 February 2015
I had high hopes for this book as it such an interesting premise but it's sadly let down by the style of writing.
The dialogue is very repetitive and somewhat unrealistic, for example the phrase 'oh my gosh' is used way too often and it's definitely not an expression an actual teenager would use. Also the love interest Will is quite frankly an idiot who makes stupid decisions yet we're still subjected to countless descriptions of how perfect he is. I think this series would be vastly improved if the author placed more emphasis on the dystopian aspect of the novel rather than the cliched teenage romance as it is far more interesting premise than the star crossed lovers drama that has been told countless times before.
on 8 November 2014
The style of writing doesn't appeal to me because it's top heavy with long conversations and a bit sparse on the descriptive side of things. That said, the storyline has caught my imagination.

Book 2 is disappointingly short and has the same laboured immature conversational style as Book 1. Still, the book is clearly written for a younger reader so perhaps I am being a bit harsh; I've never written a book!

3 stars for style of writing and length of novel but congratulations to the authors because I am probably going to buy Book 3 just to see if the protagonists, irritating teenagers that they are, find the concealed city of human survivors.
on 12 August 2014
I recently read the first book of Planet Urth series and thought it was truely amazing and full of exitement
. I then went on to buy the second book using a diffrent persons acoout/credit card. It says I have definitely purchased
the book as I have had and email and has come through on the amazon order summery. It says that it should have sent it but it hasnt come up adesperate kindle app... I tried to resend it by going on to a manage books and delivering It again and again but it hasnt still come up. This is my first purchase of a book and i paid £1.80 for it, please could anybody help me? Im desperate to read this.
on 26 July 2014
A series of post apocalyptic books beginnin where the world has changed; man no longer reigns supreme, but is hunted by mutated versions of humans, destroyed by virus and bacterial infection and by monstrous animals, rabbits have teeth and bite. The heroine battles through, initially believing that she and her sister are the only people left. Imagine her surprise when she meets new people. After a disaster they band together and look for a place of safety. The four books chart their journey and their adventures. The books are well written and enjoyable.
on 17 June 2015
I read the first and loved it. Then i read this and thought how could this beat the first, well let me tell you it did. I read couple of chapters at a time but when I'm not reading it I'm thinking about it, its amazing beautiful and gripping series, in fact i truly see this as a TV series and if I had millions in the bank I would be using it to put it to the big screen. A must have and if you are just starting to read books then read these and you will start reading for the rest of your life.
on 19 August 2014
The reason I only gave the book four stars is because the main character Avery has changed as is appearing to get really dumb about people's feelings!?! Other than this point I think that the second book one isn't as full I'd mystery an adventure as the first one. I am going to download the third book but if it is bad then I will probably stop reading the series which would be a shame as the author's/writer's first book was such a great success!