Size: 6.5 UK|Colour: White/Black/Purple|Change

on 17 June 2014
AFTER A YEAR DOING RESEARCH TRYING TO DETERMINE WHAT RUNNING TRAINERS WERE THE MOST SUITABLE FOR ME, A 5'7", 13 STONE BEGINNING RUNNER, I DECIDED ON THESE. I DID GO TO SEVERAL SPORT SHOPS, HAD MY GAIT ANALYSED AND TRIED ON SEVERAL TYPES OF SHOES; FINALLY OPTED FOR THE ASICS GEL-NIMBUS 15, MOSTLY BECAUSE THE LEVEL OF CUSHIONING WHICH IS LIKE WALKING ON AIR. THEY ARE NOTHING SPECIAL IN TERMS OF LOOKS BUT THEY ARE VERY LIGHT. DEFINITELY LESS EXPENSIVE ON AMAZON THAN IN STORE. THE ONLY GLITCH IF YOU ARE BUYING ONLINE IS THAT TRYING THEM ON FIRST IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. I AM A VERY CONSISTENT UK6.5 IN MOST BRANDS (CLARKS, HUSH PUPPIES, HOBBS) AND BELIEVE ME, THESE RUNNING SHOES IN UK7.5 FIT ME PERFECTLY. I TRIED UK7 BUT THEY ARE TIGHT! I THINK IT'S DUE TO THE SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF CUSHIONING OF THE UPPERS (FOAM). ALSO, DO GET THE WOMENS FIT IF YOU ARE A GIRL AS THERE ARE SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCES IN FIT BETWEEN SAME SIZES OF MENS AND WOMENS VERSIONS.

I LIKED: CUSHIONING LEVEL. BY FAR THE BEST, EVEN COMPARED TO OTHER ASICS. ALSO LIKE THE FACT THAT THEY DON'T SQUEAK WHEN WALKING ON POLISHED FLOORS. GOOD VENTILATION (UPPERS), LONG ENOUGH LACES, SUFFICIENT REFLECTIVE (HI VIZ) DETAIL. ALSO THE SELLER WAS GREAT, GOOD COMMUNICATION, QUICK ARRIVAL

I DISLIKED: THE CHOICE OF COLOURS. THERE ARE LIKE 3 OR 4 AND THAT IS IT. AND NOT THE NICEST COMBINATIONS. THE ONE SINGLE REASON WHY I DON'T GIVE 5 STARS IS BECAUSE, ALTHOUGH THE TRAINERS CAME BOXED AND WELL PACKED AS EXPECTED, THEY DID HAVE DIRTY SOLES INDICATING THEY HAD BEEN USED, NOT JUST TRIED ON IN STORE.

BOTTOM LINE: WOULD I RECOMMEND? THE SHOES: YES. THE SELLER: YES.
on 5 May 2014
I have for past 7 yrs purchased Asic Gel Nimbus trainers certainly tried a few other makes and these are by far most comfortable, very high quality trainer, you definitely get what you pay for, love the bright colours for 15 range . Recommend for any keep fit enthusiast , great shock absorbency , feather light .
on 22 June 2014
I am now comfortable wearing these trainers. They were uncomfortable for a couple of weeks and my feet really suffered. Now they feel comfortable and I can wear them for longer. I have also noticed that although I bought cotton sports socks at a price, these trainers are better off with really small and thin socks or none at all. The laces are not very long. I can only do a double knot as not enough lace to make a bow which I had never experienced before as most trainers come with really long laces, but because they are pink, I decided to go with just the double knot instead of finding an old pair of black laces to thread through. I read some pretty amazing reviews before I bought these but they do give good cushioning, let the air into the shoe and the comfort zone is getting better, yet no other review mentioned the wearing in, these really did/do need to accustom to your foot and you to them. The sole has a good grip also. On the whole a good shoe but I can't rave about it as it is not anything exceptional.
on 28 June 2014
I have had 3 pairs of Gel Nimbus shoes size 4, all very comfortable.
However this pair of Nimbus 15 have come up small and I am returning them for a refund. The fit is different and I need to try some pairs on in a shop...pity it's so easy to shop on line.
on 27 February 2014
Love these trainers but sizing came up very small, i had to return for a bigger size. I have 3 pairs of asics and they all fitted fine a size 6. Very comfy and stylish
on 1 September 2014
Have had this model of trainers for sometime - I am on about my 6th pair - really suits my foot.
Would recomended having a fitting the 1st tme you buy trianers to ensure you get the correct foot bed
on 1 March 2014
I have always run in Asics and always a US 10 size, but for some reason these came up small. I didn't realise until after a couple of runs when my toes were bashing the end of the shoe. I've had to re-order the same shoe in half a size bigger. Apart form the that the Nimbus are always great and I'd recommend them. They seem to quite a bit of bounce/cushioning in the ball of the foot area which is nice.
on 14 May 2014
These trainers really are sized too small. I have just received them and wish I'd read the review in detail. I would say at least half a size too small. I am a 7.5, so I always get an 8 in trainers. These are tight around the toes without running, so I am sure they'd be quite painful to run in. Disappointed as now I have to go to the hassle of sending them back.
on 5 January 2015
Nimbus shoes come up small so be prepared if you're going to buy. These are absolutely fine - was able to wear them straight away without needing to break in, etc. They look nice enough. I've done several half marathons, etc in them & no issues whatsoever. However if you're looking to invest the Nimbus 16 are much more bouncy - it's whether you think that extra cushioning is worth paying the extra for.
on 25 May 2014
Shoes looked great and was so excited to get them but.....they were just a little too short and my toes were right up against the front even just trying them on so they wouldn't have been any good once I did any running. I returned the shoes immediately and received a full refund