on 11 December 2013
I first came across the film by chance when browsing BBC i Player and downloaded it to view whilst on a short break away. At that stage I had never [sadly] heard of British Sea Power .I was immediately entranced and moved by the film and its haunting soundtrack .On return I was disappointed that it had disappeared from iPlayer and the DVD of the film and the album had not yet been released . Happily that situation has been remedied and I have both. Even without the film the music is sublime and if you are at a loss to know what to get this Christmas for the ones you love you cannot go far wrong with this album.
on 11 December 2013
I was touched deeply by the soundtrack to this wonderful documentary yet was frustrated when Shazam couldn't identify the tracks. I saw the end credits telling us it was by British Sea Power but that was it. I searched their albums to no avail so imagine my delight when I caught sight of this CD being recently launched. One word: sublime. Just buy it. Now.
on 17 December 2013
Never have a film and sound track worked in such perfect harmony.
The film is often beautiful, occasionally bizarre, but always beguiling.
The sound track is the perfect complement. Once heard, the music has a mesmeric, haunting effect.
The double bonus is the DVD and cd in one collection.
They will both be classics in their own sphere. Landmark events in every way.
Stephen Simpson
on 10 September 2015
Make sure you buy the version with the film because it is magnificent. In an hour and ten minutes or so this utterly compelling and utterly charming compilation of archive coastal film through and beyond the 20th century defines what it is to have a British soul, to be British. And the British Sea Power reworking of their music fits the images like a glove.
on 6 December 2013
I was smitten with this when i saw the film on BBC4.

Delighted they have released the soundtrack seperately on CD.

It is just beautiful.
on 20 January 2014
I have the DVD but had been frustrated by the fact I could not listen to the music in the car or away from the TV. Fabulous background music, very mellow and evocative. Absolutely love it. Comes with the DVD (so now I have 2 :/ ) thus representing excellent value.
on 13 December 2013
Listen to it on Its own or with the film, it's is quite simply breathtaking. A superb album/soundtrack that will not disappoint. Outstanding.
on 4 June 2014
My favourite relaxation music since Boards of Canada's The Campfire Headphase. I'd highly recommend watching the film to which this music forms the soundtrack as well (available on DVD). A beautiful piece of art.
on 6 June 2014
Quite simply the best album I've heard in many years.

A stunning piece of work on it's own, and when listened to whilst watching the film......well, it's exquisite.
on 13 February 2016
I remember watching a documentary on BBC4 late one Saturday night. The archive footage was mesmerising and the music accompanying the film fitted the pictures on the screen perfectly. I was struck by the hypnotic quality of some post rock style music alongside other music which was highly melodic. We waited for the end credits to role and discovered that the music was performed by British Sea Power. At the time, I looked them up and couldn't find anything by them resembling a soundtrack. So I gave up and the memory of those pictures and the awesome music, faded.

Then I found this. This is the soundtrack to that film we saw back in 2013. I cannot speak highly enough of the quality of the compositions and the atmosphere that is created by some of the more ambient and minimalist soundscapes. Simply breathtaking!