on 14 October 2013
I bought new tyres so thought I would give these inner tubes a try time will tell if they work, I installed them with the new tyres & inflated to 50psi this is stated on my tyre, but after road testing I found the tyres were too hard for comfort so deflated to 40psi the valve stuck & I had too use tweezers to pull it up thinking I solved the problem the next day the tyre was near flat so had to inflate again & using tweezers to pull the valve up, never before have I had a faulty valve like this, so take note.

Just an update it's now 10th Aug 2014 my cycle wasn't used for 5 weeks & when I checked one tyre was fully deflated & the other was semi deflated, so I added air in both the next day the back was deflated again, checked both valves with spit both leaking even after pulling the valves up with tweezers, so now ordering new valves & removal kit will see if that solves it.
So after you inflate make sure your valves don't leak.

I can only give one star now because this could have happened miles away from home no good having an anti punture tyre if the air leaks from the valve.
on 3 July 2017
This does work well, but it can be difficult to pump up at first as the sludge can block up the valve. Especially if it is kept for a while.
on 14 October 2017
Comes out of the original packaging, but in a slimmer box. Unlike what is in the picture, the valve's threading does not extend all the way down. Still need to mount it and get a puncture to see how it works, but I hope to not even notice it.
on 4 April 2017
It seems to work, hasn't let me down yet.
on 7 September 2013
i bought this because i was sick of repairing/replacing inner tubes. for starters the valve seemed defective because it just kept leaking (bodged that back to working order) then got a puncture expecting the self sealing tube to do its job,no, the sludge came out made a lot of mess but failed to seal the leak, checked the box to see if i was being a prat, no so in short buy something else
on 27 November 2012
Had initial teething problems. Found the valve a bit sticky. Meant it leaked air via the valve until the fluid sealed the leak, but then made pumping up a problem. Finally solved it by pumping it up and using long nose pliers to make sure the inner part of the valve was pulled fully out. Since then been fine. No leaks and the assurance that if I pick up a puncture will be fine. Didn't find the tube particularly heavy. Due to the amount of broken glass in my area this is needed. Been using it now for 4 weeks with no issues.
on 12 January 2013
I have not been into off road cycling for very long, but its a very enjoyable way to keep riding thriugh the winter. My only bugbear was that every ride I did resulted in a puncture either when I was out, or the tyre deflated after I had returned home. Either way I hardly ever managed a ride without a puncture repair to look forward to. Having seen the self sealing tubes available on Amazon I decided to give them a try. I can honestly say they are brilliant. I have never once had to repair a puncture whilst out on a ride. A couple of times a tyre has deflated slightly after a ride but they have always self sealed following the removal of the offending thorn of flint which had entered the tyre whilst on the ride. Its well worth the slight additional expense of these tubes to avoid the constant puncture problem. A great idea that works. Full marks from me.
on 8 August 2014
Bought 3 of these and the first one failed within a few months but you cant expect 100% for everything. However the second one failed the same way. The valve just failed one day which is as bad, if not worse than a sudden puncture which these tubes are designed to prevent. When I removed it there was a spot of sludge in the tyre so it had prevented a puncture but that is irrelevant as I still needed a new tube. Perhaps they are designed with in built obsolescence (less than a year). The third tube has just done the same thing. 100% failure rate. You're better off with cheap tubes and a good tyre like the specialized armadillo or flak jacket. There is nothing positive about these tubes, they are heavy too. At least with a cheap tube you're going to be unlucky to get a flat. With these tubes you're guaranteed one within a year
on 18 April 2012
Have used these for around three years now and never had a puncture. I would guess that one that time I have done around 6,000 miles on three bikes. I replaced the tubes with Dr Sludge in my hybrid last summer and on the way to work got a thorn in the front tyre that penetrated the tube to the extent that, when I removed the thorn, the "sludge" came though the tyre. I continued my journey fully expecting to have to turn back but Dr Sludge did the job. That tube is still on the bike and my son uses it 3-4 times a week for his 10 mile round trip commute.

The purchase I am reviewing here was for my other sons bike he was suffering a puncture a week - since fitting these (Feb 2012)he is now puncture free and enjoying his cycling again.

Try them, you won't be disappointed.
on 12 April 2016
Recieved in the post...couldnt even pump up the tube due to valve being full of glue/clunge, cleaned the valve out then pumped up the tube a little bit to find out the pin in the valve was stuck due to the clunge

See one answered question