on 25 July 2016
Bought on the 16th of May. Fitted to bike early June. Not used bike and went to it today, 25-JUL-16, for a ride into town. Flat as a pancake. Sludge oozing out all over the place. Dismantled and tube had split along a seam for 5 inches. Going on other negative reviews for this inner tube they should be taken off the market Amazon... Very Poor show !
review image
2 people found this helpful
on 7 April 2012
MOST RECENT UPDATE

The valve is now leaking, badly. The slime has now begun to leak out of the valve, showering a friend cycling behind and over the back on my bike. This is the third slime inner tube it hat the valve had failed. I now find it easier to carry a couple of spare inner tubes. Not best pleased.

Great that this is an all in one. No problems fitting and do not notice any difference when cycling. Having had a series of punctures it is great to be able to ride and not have any worries. I have checked the tyres after each ride just in case but to date everything okay.
I have used my pedal cycle thoughout the winter/spring on and off road. I have ridden on tracks after hedges have been cut and not yet had a puncture. I have checked the tyres and everything is okay. Either this is is a great product or I am totally lucky. I do not think it is my luck based on previous experience of getting puncture.
on 26 August 2013
I bought this tube thinking it would last a goodly amount of time considering the last time I used slime tyres I didn't have to change a flat until the tyres themselves needed replacing. (About 5 years) not bad for a tube. So I figured slime might be the way to go... Wouldn't buy this particular brand again though. Valve blew out 4 hours into a ride, after properly installing with correct PSI in the wheel that morning. I don't particularly like being stranded 4 hours from home. Thankfully I had a spare of a different brand (non slime) so it was a semi-easy repair, but that could have been an incredibly long walk home.

All that said, I'd buy from this seller again, I just don't trust this brand of tube.
on 8 March 2013
Bought this as it had good reviews. Bought if from "Y Frame Discounts Ltd" put it in my bag - like you do for a spare inner tube. 3 months later got a puncture put this in, blew it up, took off the pump and the air just shot back out again. Faulty valve maybe? Also, there was not a locking nut around the valve, so it was difficult to actually put the pump on in the first place. Maybe this is a reject or fake? I contacted the seller to send back the faulty item and was told no returns after 90 days - Amazon policy.
Not good enough in my opinion. Maybe as a general policy but there should be some comeback.
on 27 July 2011
After hearing that self sealing inner tubes could cause deformation and bulging due to the movement of chemicals I was happy to see that after receiving a puncture my tube was still well proportioned. I removed the glass causing the puncture, pumped the tyre back up and was good to go but did eventually find the worlds slowest puncture where the tire had failed to completely repair itself.

The tube however retained enough air to get me home and was much easier to repair than usual as the hole was so small after the chemicals did most of the work. Therefore in my opinion this is definitely a better buy then a regular inner tube despite being a couple of pounds more expensive.
One person found this helpful
on 1 August 2012
I installed 2 new Gatorskins with 2 slime tubes for my commute and within the first week the front punctured, which happens. Changing the tube however was an annoying experience as the slime leaked from the valve, from the cut and was difficult to clean/remove from the tyre - it also smells fishy!

Obviously this was bad luck but I just run standard tubes with Gatorskins now - no further problems in two months.
on 5 March 2011
Installed these tubes a couple of months ago. Following a miserable spell of continuous punctures I changed to these inner tubes and have had no puncture since installing.
Only problem I got is trying to inflate them to a high pressure. My presta to schrader adaptor just leaks with these inner tubes and the best I can do is 60PSI. The adaptor was fine with my old inner tubes. Still no punctures though!
on 8 October 2013
These are brilliant! they cost me the same as a new ordinary inner tube would cost anyway and i haven't had a puncture since using it (touch wood!). It does however leak air from the valve if it isn't tightened properly so take a pump with you everywhere!!
VINE VOICEon 14 April 2009
I have found that some of the tubes have poor valves that can leak air if the mud cap is screwed on too tight and presses onto the valve leading to slow and continual air loss. Having said that they most certainly reduce the number of punctures but I will probably not use them again. Not recommended.
6 people found this helpful
on 20 June 2012
The proof will be whether I get a puncture so difficult to give a view after only a few weeks although no puncture yet. My only critics is that the valve stem looks a bit horrid - a sort of dirty bronze colour. A shame as the valve stem on my previous inner tube was a nice bright steel finish.

See one answered question