on 6 March 2016
I bought this largely because several years ago I bought the Fast Diet which worked for me and it was at a reduced price. I quite like Michael Mosley's work but I don't think Fast Exercise is as good as the Fast Diet because I don't think the collaboration with Peta Bee is as useful as that with Mimi Spencer. But I don't treat either of these paperbacks as definitive works in themselves - rather as handy sources of some key facts when I feel I need to remind myself of the basic ideas.
on 8 June 2016
this book explains clearly, using research backed evidence, why high intensity with minimal duration is the best way to get fit and lose weight. Loved this book and the short anecdotes that accompanied each passage. Opened my eyes and made me shocked to realise how much time we waste in the gym etc when we can simply do some of the exercises outlined in the book and we're good to go!
on 24 November 2017
Well written and gives lot's of information. Ggood book and very easy to follow. Lot's of research behind it.
on 28 February 2014
This book takes all the generally accepted concepts of attaining and maintaining good fitness levels wraps them in a suitable container, then throws them out of the door.
Its ideas are based on recent developments in fitness / health improvement techniques pioneered at Loughborough University and if you stick with the training recommended IT WORKS! At first I was very sceptical but the proof became self evident after a period of approx. 12 weeks in my case.
on 5 November 2017
useful as expected....goes into a bit too much of the science. But the core material is v interesting.
on 19 June 2016
This book has been a real eye opener. If you believe that the only way to get fit is to spend hours in the gym then this book is worth reading. I found a lot of what is written challenges a number of long-held beliefs but I'm certainly willing to give this a go to see if the results back up the books assertions​.
on 28 September 2016
This is another of Mike Mosley's gems about excercise and myth busting about doing loads of time consuming excercise when really it's just as effective to do intense burst for short periods. I like it and find its easy to get into and after only 2 weeks I am feeling the benefit.
on 12 August 2015
I am a fan of Dr. Michael Mosley so, having enjoyed his TV programmes I have liked his 5:2 diet book and now this fast exercise book is very interesting too. With thanks,
on 29 November 2015
A good value introduction to high intensity training. Gives you enough evidence and information to get you interested and good examples of workouts to try.
Have only just started using the training methods and have recorded some baseline measurements so I can see how effective the training is over the next few weeks and beyond.
on 26 April 2016
I found this an easy an accessible way back into exercise. The book promotes in a scientific way the benefits of a time=constrained exercise programme that virtually anyone can do. You do see the benefits. But the biggest benefit for me was getting me back running and cycling and doing more miles as well. So that would make me a high responder in Michael's terminology.