Customer reviews

on 23 January 2014
The voices of Olivia Newton-John and Barbra Streisand have the power to make the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end, on certain tracks, as does 'Young Blood', from Sophie Ellis-Bextor, such a distinctive, moving voice and so different from the huge hit - Groovejet (If This Ain't Love), with Spiller.

Catch a snatch of the rest of Sophie's excellent new album - Wanderlust.

1). Birth Of An Empire
9). Love Is A Camera
10). Cry To The Beat Of The Band
11). When The Storm Has Blown Over
on 23 February 2014
This is one of her best to date. Even if you are not a fan I think most people would like it. Keep them coming.
on 11 May 2014
This song is a great match to Sophie Ellis-Bextor's voice, moody and powerful and a pleasure to listen to, excellent.
on 2 December 2013
I heard this song on Radio 2 and loved the beautiful lyrics and music, so purchased it to listen to whenever I want to.
on 9 January 2014
absolutely beautiful song, sung with feeling by sophie. hope the album is like this! every now and again something new really stands out as quality, and i hope this gets the recognition it deserves!
on 3 July 2014
Wonderful haunting song - should have been a big hit ...
on 31 January 2014
Amazing voice, a vocal talent that's been underrated in my view. Can't get enough of this track and will be buying the album on CD, lovely.
on 18 May 2014
As an old git it takes a lot to bring tears to my eyes, but sophie's voice conveys emotion so beautifully that I go every time. Lovely!!.
on 4 August 2015
I bought this for a friend who wanted this track as part of their playlist for their wedding ceremony that I was preparing – that will give you an idea of the calibre of this track. The lyrics are fantastic and the vocals are simply superb. This really is one of those tracks that “gets you” and you have to own.
A fantastic melody that has longevity and class.
VINE VOICEon 20 February 2014
First listen and it was nice....but after several it's beauty really hit me.
I used to hang around with Sophie and a group of us, during school holidays and this song makes me think of those long gone days.
It reminds me of the end of summer, getting older and having kids and missing your childhood.
Just stunning but makes me cry.