on 15 December 2014
I've bought several Anker products in the past two years for personal use and for presents. This is by far the best product they have made/I have bought. The key factors I use on battery packs are: lightweight, large storage and charging speed. It's not especially light but for the storage it's lighter than most 15000mah alternatives including Anker's discontinued one. It's flat design is very handy for backpacks/laptop bags too. Speed of charge is about the same as the plug supplied by your phone's manufacturer. Much faster than other battery packs. The best part is it appears to hold almost the full 20000mAh. This is rarely the case with cheaper alternative products. I've used it to charge from dead a 3500mah almost 5 times (17500mAh) but the phone was on and drawing current so this pack is very close to the advertised storage. Each charge time was just over an hour. By any standards that is very good. It also holds its current well when not in use too. 1% drop in 7 days is impressive. No downsides.
on 17 January 2015
Beware the Amperage if bought for multi-voltage solution..!

I bought this battery to power my USB devices (iPhone, iPad) AND as an external battery for my Microsoft Surface Pro. I purchased a cable which was Microsoft proprietary power connector to the standard DC output, so was ready to go (although researching the exact size of the battery's output connector was not easy)

If you want it purely for USB devices it is brilliant - HUGE capacity, well built, quality product. But, it would not charge my Surface Pro. The reason is that the 12V output only provides 1.5A. That is far too little to charge the Surface Pro. I returned this and bought the previous model, which works absolutely fine as it outputs up to 4A on the 12V rail.

The previous model is here:

Hope this is helpful for people in the same position.
on 30 March 2017
Solid power bank!
Obviously not one you'd want to carry in your pocket, but great for long treks, camping trips and holidays.

I often carry it in my camera bag, it slips right in the bag pocket.
Being clad in hard wearing metal, and housing 20,000mAh worth of battery cells, it does add some weight, but its worth it. If my phone battery dies or I need to charge a few GoPro batteries I am covered.

The % display is very useful- backlit too. So checking power levels (even after a long time in storage) is a doddle!

Ive had it 2yrs now and it certainly has stood the test of time!
on 4 September 2015
I really do love this battery, yes it is big, and yes it is heavy, but I knew this was purchasing, it easily fully charges my iPad air, which is the main reason I bought this battery
If your after a high quality high capacity battery, this is the one for you.
on 12 August 2017
This is a heavy product but has an enormous charge. Its been used now for a number of years for long car and plane journeys as well as camping trips. The kids have hammered this yet it still does the job.
on 3 July 2014
Calling this a battery is an understatement. This is more akin to carrying a miniature diesel generator in your backpack (minus the noise, smell and emissions of a generator). Need to recharge your tablet and phone while also powering a USB fan to keep cool? This will handle it all without breaking a sweat. And it'll do that twice on a single charge. If you just need to keep your phone going, it'll do that for an entire week before the battery goes flat. Only downside is that it takes 5-6 hours to recharge, even with the beefy 24W adapter that's supplied with it. Then again, this is a 76Wh tank you're dealing with!

Other points: it comes with a micro USB cable, DC cable, charging adapter and a drawstring carry case which is very useful when travelling. The battery itself has a nice brushed aluminium finish which looks and feels nice even though you won't be holding it too much.
on 14 April 2017
good
on 17 December 2015
Very good. Value for money
on 6 December 2014
Works well but only get 1 charge for a iPad air still works well for the price
on 30 April 2014
I can't say how much I love this device, it's a little bigger than perhaps I would choose if I bought another one in future -but having been in California with a small child- an iPad failing to deliver the required cartoon was not an option! On a serious note, the device charged 2x iPhones and three iPad charges with still some juice left over. I found that putting the USB port into the device a little tight the first time round but absolutely fine now. I would highly recommended this product.