on 30 December 2013
Just received and played this new vinyl pressing.The original pressing can cost a pretty penny so I was overjoyed with the news of this release. Im no audiophile so I will bow to someone else's better judgement on this particular release.For my money?It sounds great!!!
Often overlooked in the shadow of Grey and Pink this has always been my favourite Caravan, although to be honest there isn't much between G and P, Caravan, Waterloo and Girls, as they are ALL in a class of their own.
Its the typical englishness of this album that for some reason just gets under my skin and has me hooked.The album where Caravan became Caravan.All I need now is to see them live again this year and get Pye to sign this, my most treasured of albums.Love it, buy it, listen to it, treasure it.CLASSIC!!!!
Nice thick vinyl.
Replica label,sleeve and Decca inner sleeve
Add on
And yes I did get Pye to sign my album for me.Great!!!
on 28 March 2014
It's wonderful to see this album re-established in the catalogue showing the inventiveness and creativity of this 'prog' band at the height of its powers, making music and lyrics that, though not a 'concept' album, make a statement that could be interpreted asna prog manifesto. Yet another essential disc for the late '60s/early '70s flowering of what is now called 'album oriented rock' but in the day was known as 'the university circuit'.
on 6 July 2014
One of the excellent early Caravan albums, what prog rock was all about before it all went a little up its own arse. Don't know if it's from analog, or better or worse pressing. However, hard to find original Caravan vinyl at reasonable price, so if you haven't already got it on vinyl an essential purchase.