on 16 May 2017
A lovely story set in the village of Dooleybridge in Ireland. When a penniless runaway bride arrives she lands a job in Sean's oyster farm except he doesn't know she is scared of water and the locals tongues are set wagging. Slowly she is drawn into the community and is reluctantly landed the job of planning the oyster festival to put the dying Dooleybridge firmly on the map. Will she succeed and what does the grumpy loner Sean think of all this?

lovely book and story.
on 25 August 2016
Loved this book. This is the first book i have read by this Author and it won't be the last. The book sweeps you up in the story and leaves you smiling throughout. I loved the characters and the antics they get up to, you feel as though these are your friends and you care what happens to them, even the background characters are amusing. I love that the book is a really good length too and not just a quick 200 plus read which drives me crazy. This book is a great light romantic comedy summer read and you won't be disappointed.
on 1 May 2016
I really enjoyed this read. It was light and fluffy and ideal for a summer read or a lazy Sunday. The story captures the essence of a local irish community and the relationship between the two main characters seemed to work really well. I would have liked to see Sean a little meaner to Fi at the beginning. It might have made a few more sparks later. At times it was a little predictable but for an nice easy read, it is perfect.
on 19 June 2017
An engaging read, but I'm struggling to visualise the characters, whereas you can normally, from the description, have a person in mind and carry them throughout the story.. I can't find this with Jo Thomas.. Maybe as the heroines are pictured as vulnerable and nieve, at the beginning, and slightly annoying.. I then find out in both her books, oyster catcher and the olive branch.. Their actually 30yrs old... Worth a look though and well written
on 20 May 2017
This book was a very enjoyable read
One most definitely for the girls- a great holiday read.
The author developed the characters and the story line beautifully.
She also took me to Ireland in my minds eye
Helping me to experience the rural culture the scenery and the cold wet weather !
on 20 May 2017
It's ok. Nothing I will remember in a month or two but it kills some time on the train or on the beach. It doesn't make me want to move to Ireland though. Does it really rain that much? Oh dear.
on 10 May 2017
Lots of people find out about themselves and we get instructed in the farming of oysters and discovering love too.
on 5 May 2017
The story just kept getting better. In the end, neither my wife nor me could put it down until we had finished it.
on 11 January 2014
Fiona is stood up by her fiance and finds herself in rural Ireland all alone. She finds a job at a local oyster farm and after an inauspicious start settles down. With a charming insight into rural life, Fiona finds that she is starting to view her grumpy boss ,Sean a little differently. Throw in some oyster pirates and you have an interesting ,enjoyable plot.
on 4 May 2017
Really enjoyed, a book you can pick up and put down and follow easily, great holiday read