on 13 January 2014
I really enjoyed this book. I found it hard to put it down. Strong beliveable characters from the devious Nancy,to strong silent Sean & loveable Fi. Along with a colourful cast of locals. Well written by Jo Thomas & highly recommended.
on 12 July 2016
Absolutely fantastic book! I loved the characters and how we see them all grow and change throughout the book. Being in my late 20's and feeling a bit stuck in a rut in life I can really feel for Fi. I kinda want to drop everything and run away and she made it seem not as scary as it sounds. Even though this was forced upon her she just rolls with what comes and tries to manage things the best she can. She's an honest character and doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I'm really happy with the whole story line and how everything ended.
This book left me feeling really positive and I wished I'd have saved it to read on my holidays. What more can you want from a book?

TL:DR - Really enjoyed this and will be looking at some more Jo Thomas books. Thanks for a brilliant read :)
on 12 March 2014
This is a lovely story about a woman who hates the sea but becomes good everything she attempts to do. The romance comes after a lot of hard work, other offers across the seas. It turns out to be more than the oysters that are caught.
on 18 February 2014
I have never read a book from this author before . Glad I did. A lovely warm story about a girl called Fiona who arrived in Ireland after a disaster in her personal life. How she makes a life in Ireland is amazing glad I did pick it .
on 19 May 2014
Easy to read and as good as all the reviews have stated. Only down side would be the editing as there are a few grammatical errors and missing words throughout the book but don't let this spoil a thoroughly enjoyable romantic read.
on 12 March 2014
I enjoyed the read; it was easy to follow, good characterisation, and believable storylines. The heroine's personal struggles pale into insignificance when she realises everyone else had a back story too. I can recommend this book.
on 6 March 2014
99p on kindle is a bargain so this is a nice holiday read.

Some bits were a little cheesy but that's the thing to expect perhaps.

Recommended read for its purpose and lovely to read about Galway and Connemara.
on 16 July 2014
I actually really liked this story. I know some people will say but only 3 stars but I find it difficult to give chick lit more than 3 stars unless I am really really moved by it. This story was nice and the characters were great.
on 23 February 2014
This really is a ' pick up and can't put down ' book.
Really lovely story.
Would be great to have a follow on...
Thanks Jo
Looking forward to your next story and the one after that and the one after that!!!!!!
on 19 February 2014
Rough around the edges but a charming story nonetheless. Adventure, rescue, love and bravery. Fi English is a woman after out own hearts in a novel which makes a bid for the virtues of a simple rural life. Great feel good read.