Customer reviews

on 5 December 2013
Another fabulous instalment of this monthly serial. The most fabulous news is that there are definitely going to be more episodes next year, there was a sneak peak at the end of this episode and The Arcade is back in full swing! This episode was particularly loved up and revisited those couples that have formed over the course of the year, catching up with what has gone on between them and where they are now. This means that all the characters are revisited, and during the Christmas party at the end we get to hear of the fate of those who aren't even there-superb!

The most dramatic part of this months episode is that we get to find out just who the father of Marilyn's baby is, something that we've been wanting to find out all year. I'm not going to give anything away, but my suspicions were totally correct and I'm so happy that not only was I right, but that it turned out to be the person that it it, again. Not giving anything away! We get to learn more about this character who, up until now, has simply been the salons proprietor and someone we know has been around the block a few times when it comes to the men of the arcade, but this time we see into here character a little more deeply and it's fabulous to get to know her better!

There is even an epilogue to this months episode, telling what the arcades former owner makes of it all. This is very like the end of A Christmas Carol and very apt for this months episode. There's also a bonus story at the end that gives you a bit more insight into Joan Collins the Arcades current manager. This was somewhat unexpected and not entirely my favourite genre, but I really enjoyed finding out that there is so much more to Joan than meets the eye! This is a must for all fans of the arcade, and if you're not yet, there's nothing stopping you from downloading them all now and having your own arcade marathon/omnibus!
on 12 June 2014
What can I say yet another great story about the Arcade but set just before Christmas. They all prepare for a Victorian Christmas shopping night with a lot of them dressed in Victorian clothes. Angel goes missing and Jason finds her and then a few days later the truth comes out...
on 10 February 2014
Thoroughly enjoy this series, and am looking forward to seeing what 2014 holds for the arcade. a bit disappointed to see the whole series is compiled into one publication at the end of the year though. perhaps the author could offer those who have bough them all a deal on the next series for loyalty!
on 20 August 2014
I've read all 12 instalments of The Arcade. I did enjoy them but wish they went In depth a bit more with the characters. I've noticed they have The Arcade series 2 out but am loathe to buy them as there is no body to the books.
on 19 January 2014
I enjoyed this last episode of the year, and the extra freebie of a background story about Joan was my favourite bit of all...more about Joan please!
on 10 December 2013
This is just a wonderful series of short stories, just the right length, each month is a different tale about a shop in an old fashioned shopping arcade, absolutely wonderful.
on 13 October 2014
Great read thanku
on 31 December 2013
They may not be everyone's cup of tea but l have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of the Arcade books from January to December and l am looking forward to January 2014 edition
on 11 February 2016
Excellent
on 8 February 2014
This episode continues to be as good as the previous 11 episodes, I am looking forward to the next episodes