on 17 November 2013
I was lucky enough to find Ian's website and blog a few months back, and have been working with him since July/August 2013. After a very short time of applying the techniques in the book I had my best ever revenue month. I mean best EVER - since being self employed and previous being in employment. If you fully embrace the concept of giving "value in advance" as Ian advocates, his ideas and strategies will work for you. Most people in a solo or small business loathe the sales and marketing side of the business, but Ian has a way of making this aspect enjoyable and the results (for me) speak for themselves. I also highly recommend Ian's Momentum Club, where you will find lots of webinar and video content, together with lots of other useful resources.

I don't write many reviews on Amazon or elsewhere, but Ian is one of those people that you will feel fortunate to have discovered. His ideas and input have transformed my business. I'd also like to thank Ian for putting up with my many emails to him!
on 21 November 2013
I first came across Ian Brodie a few years ago when I was referred to one of his blog posts from a popular business forum that I was part of. After reading his site for an hour or so, I realised that he really did 'know his onions' and I immediately subscribed to hear more information from him...via email (so yes, it does work!)

I am a marketing professional myself and I run a small digital agency based on the South Coast of England. Over the last 2.5 years Ian has sent me all sorts of emails relating to different marketing ideas and strategies. I've enjoyed reading them and watching the videos that he produces on a regular basis. I like to listen to other marketers in the industry as I feel it is extremely important to keep up-to-date with new ideas, but also to get positive reinforcement for your own.

Ian's book about Email Marketing was something that immediately captured my attention as it's a method I used myself when I first started out in business, to try to generate new business. The one thing he does differently and goes into great detail to emphasise is that this is something you should grow and nurture over time. I very much enjoyed reading about his methods for measuring the effectiveness of Email Marketing campaigns in Chapter 9, which actually taught me a few things that I could do differently and save myself time. Anything that can save me time and make my life (and my client's lives!) easier, is something that I'm very keen to learn.

This book is an excellent tool to add to your marketing efforts, whether you're an existing marketer or whether you're a small business owner who is looking at how you can use the power of Email Marketing to help your business to grow. I feel that Ian caters for both parties with his book, never feeling condescending, always keeping a great sense of humour and just the right level of professionalism. I've found the book to be very motivating and it has certainly pushed me into revising the way I use Email Marketing currently.

I was lucky enough to speak to Ian on the phone last week, regarding a query I had about re-branding what I do personally next year. He was polite, attentive yet very humbling to talk with and it felt like he genuinely cared about helping me. Reading his book this week gave me the exact same feeling. I highly recommend the book to anyone who needs a helping hand or a new idea for their marketing arsenal. I hope that you will enjoy the same feeling that I had and that it will drive you forward and help you to grow your own business.
on 21 February 2014
As a Hypnotherapist struggling with marketing to a diverse prospect/client base I was not sure that email marketing was for me. But as an avid reader of Ian's emails, I couldn't resist buying the book. And what a great decision that was.

It led me through the fundamentals of profiling, making me 'think' about who my most important prospects are and this book is great for marketing in general. I particularly liked the sections on segmentation and sequencing and the checklist at the end.

If that isn't enough, access to the special web site and extra resources is a fantastic bonus.
I'm already refocusing my marketing strategy thanks to Ian and this book.
on 9 December 2013
I have been seriously impressed by Ian Brodie over the last two years. He's somebody who consistently emails me and has emails worth reading! The reason for that is that he adds value - content, ideas, insights - in his writing. And his book is no different. Personally, I have had big success using Linkedin, but having read his book I think I am missing a trick - I really should be using email marketing as well. He makes a strong and compelling case and then shows how. So, anyone interested in this field is not going to be disappointed. Ian oozes sincerity and his prose is really straight-talking all the way. I recommend you buy his book - you will find a cornucopia of ideas.
on 2 May 2014
I read this book as I wanted help to get my rapidly growing mailing list into new business. The book delivered completely on its promise.

The book is practical and jargon-free. As a result of reading I will be applying what I learnt very quickly.

If you are like me and trying to generate more business from your mailing list, then this book is an essential read.
on 9 December 2013
Email marketing sounds a simple subject, it's only letters after all. In fact it takes more thinking and planning than you would expect. I speak as an occasional, and rather poor user of the method. Ian's book takes you through email marketing from start to finish. He makes the thinking and planning easier with simple tools and guides that are written in day-to-day language. Following his advice will get you started with effective email marketing as quickly and painlessly as possible. If you are already using it, the depth of the information will easily show you how to make it easier and more effective. There are a couple of real gems in the book. E.g. how email companies track engagement and if your mails are not being read, they will eventually send your mail to spam! (The moral of the point is to keep your list clean and active.) He's also generous with acknowledgments and signposting to other email marketing experts with links to additional tools and resources.

If you want to get more customers and more engaged customers, I recommend you buy this book.
on 25 November 2013
Ian has well and truly hit the proverbial nail on the proverbial head with this book. This is not Email Persuasion for Dummies, this is Email Persuasion for Wannabees & Wannadoos. Pick this book up if you seriously want to enter into this world, or if you are already in this world and want either a reference book to seek guidance/answers to at anytime or you are not getting the results you are expecting using your model then this is the book for you. You will not need a degree in either business or Web speak to understand Ian's book. If you're procrastinating on whether to buy this book or not .... in the words of Nike "Just do it"".
on 24 September 2014
Ian does a great job of explaining email marketing in a very engaging way. I particularly liked the way he illustrated the client persona.
Strongly recommend for anyone new to the topic or if not getting the results you want at present.
on 9 December 2013
Great book. Full of practical tips, but the best bit about the book are the comments from Ian sharing his own experience and insights. For example (Ian talking about setting the opt-in for your mailing lists):

"While double opt-in is the safest bet for many people, I personally use single opt-in. I get close to zero spam reports (everyone gets some, even it it's just because it's easier to hit the spam button than to click unsubscribe)."

If you're the type of person that likes to learn from other people then this book is exactly what you need to get better at email marketing. Ian covers it all with his own learnings.
on 31 October 2017
Good book. Would like an audio version too.