on 8 July 2015
I live cathys books and have read all her books since i saw the first one on the shelves,i cant wait for her books to come out now i have to pre order,inly trouble is i read to quick as once you start you cant put it down and then im trying find another to fill my time for her next to to cone out,shes a legend and amazing woman and foster carers dont get enough credit,these kids have gone frm bad places (some) to a great home where for some can relax and be a child for the first time ever and see what love is,some books iv laughed at,some iv cried but ive loved every one ive read,please read u wont regret it,if u like true life books and read casey watsons then cathy glass books will blow u away!!
on 29 March 2014
I am a big fan of Cathy Glass and have read all her books now. This one was pre-ordered for my Kindle and as usual, did not disappoint. It tells the story of Beth, who was fostered some years ago by Cathy. I had never heard of the term 'emotional incest' and it was fascinating to learn about it, as the book progressed. Also, it was very hard to read about the breakdown of Cathy's marriage, which happened at around the same time a Beth was being cared for. I knew that Cathy and her husband were no longer together, from her later books, but it was as hard to read about the breakdown as it must have been for her to write about it. Truly an incredible and inspirational lady. I can highly recommend this book and would give it more than 5 stars, if that was possible. Don't miss it. You will not be disappointed.
on 23 May 2018
I don't really like reading parts of a book where you have to buy more books to read more. But as this was free thought I would try. It was an easy read and gripping start of book although Very short. But overall still found myself enjoying it. Loved the style of writing.
VINE VOICEon 3 April 2014
I've read all of Cathy's books and although some people may feel they're all the same, I think it's nice to get an insight into foster carers/social workers.

In this book we meet Beth whose stay with Cathy is because her father has had a nervous breakdown, but things are not what they seem and it comes to light that Beth and her father have an 'emotional incest' relationship (II'd not come across this before).

Because this story goes back to when Cathy's children were younger, we also find out why Cathy was divorced from her husband. Although the divorce is mentioned in other books, this time we find out the reason why.

A not put-down-able read.
on 12 March 2018
Brilliant read as ever. Cathy glass is the most strongest woman i think i could know.
I think her ex john was stupid to lose a good woman like her.
Im glad beth and her dad where able to get the help they needed.
My heart went out to cathys children with john leaving.
on 16 April 2014
Having enjoyed previous books by Cathy Glass, I didn't hesitate to buy this one to add to my collection. And, as usual, it did not disappoint.
She recalls the case of a young foster child coming into her care while her father was in hospital. The book recalls the relationship between parent and child and Cathy's part in saving a family which might otherwise have been torn apart.
Cathy's books are sensitively written, thought provoking and draw the reader into the story, making for compelling reading.
on 28 June 2014
This is a book I found extremely interesting to read - if a little uncomfortable. I'd heard of incest, just not emotional incest. Beth is put into Cathys care and throughout the book, listening to phone conversations between Beth and her dad, Derek, you assume he has abused her. She slept in his bed at home with him, she woild get very upset and jealous of any other woman being in his company. Likewise, he would constantly br asking what shes wearing (she would put on a dress, makeup and heels just fr the phone contact yo describe it to him) and he treat her more like a partner than a daughter. Derek has some serious depression and once these allegations are out he reacts badly. With a lot of support and professional help both Derek and Beth are able to come to terms with their emotional incest and learn how to form a proper father/daughter relationship. I found this an interesting read because it makes you think how easily relationships can be distorted and turned into something rather uncomfortable.
on 30 March 2014
Once again I was taken back by the story of Beth in this latest Cathy glass book. This is another story that makes you realise that people like cathy glass who help so many children are special. If you have not read this or any other cathy glass book's I recommend you do. But beware they are addictive. Loved the story and cant wait for another book. Good luck to Beth and her family. A must read.
One person found this helpful
on 7 April 2014
she as always lets us into her life which gives the story a deeper depth and as a dxlexic i love this author as it so easy to read staright forward , this little girl touches ur heart just like alice in i miss mummy, its amazing that cathy is still fostering and has time to write 13 book s so far, have preordered teh child bride and the books that i have preordered always come on time with half the price due to price gaertentee i recamned preordring the child bride due in september
on 11 January 2018
I reread this just now but don’t think I reviewed it when I read it for the first time. A great book and an example of social services genuinely getting it right with a family rather than their usual incompetence!