on 13 September 2016
Fantastic!
Ive read billions of books like this and it has to be in my top 5.
Different in the way we know 'who did it!' From the start and loved the genius of interweaving the past with the present day. Not many can do this seemlessly like this author does!
I read nothing but psychological thrillers and horror books, and for some reason ive only ever had a nightmare whilst reading this. Perhaps because the child murder scenes are quite graphic.
Sad to have finished this, one of those that you csnt put down which i am finding quite rare these days.
For those saying it is badly written (it certainly is not!) Or that the charactors are flat you are wrong! Maybe it was just too complex for you and you should stick with twilight type books ;)
review image review image review image
on 20 March 2017
Very good book. Would recommend
on 18 June 2013
This book is very dark, very deep but utterly addictive. I read this in one afternoon because i couldn't put it down! So different to anything i've ever read before - definitely give it a go if you're curious!
Did not enjoy this book at all, only benefit was it was free when I downloaded it!

Will not be reading any more from this author.
on 2 January 2014
Oh, I found this such an interesting read! Great insight into human behaviour around the unthinkable. Most interesting was the way the people who 'knew' reacted (or seemed not to) and the reasons and feelings they had. Some readers may have a problem with the lead characters lack of memory. I have PTSD and it rings so true to me. Really insightful.
on 16 August 2014
it's the middle of August and the weather is abysmal.......Chucking it down, blowing a Gale, cold and getting darker at 8.30pm which I should be complaining about as its meant to be summer! but in fact the weather conditions have helped become a soundtrack for this BRILLIANT book. I'm not usually one for books that yo yo from past to present but the story all gelled together nictely. It's fast paced, well thought out and eerie in parts that fits with the weather outside. From page 1 to page 301 I was hooked and read it all in one go. I think it would make an excellent film. Totally worthy of 5 stars tho on a numbers scale 10 out of 10 if your a person who reads the reviews before you buy then all I can say is TOTALLY recommended you will not be sorry it is brilliant
on 13 March 2012
I bought this because I was filling my new Kindle with stuff I don't usually read for a change and I have to say I really enjoyed it. It twisted and turned and kept me turning the pages until I was done (unlike my usual get half way through and never get back to it). I won't say anything else as I wouldn't want to give anything away but I would personally recommend it.
on 1 February 2015
Excellent book, it just has you hooked from the beginning and it's so different to other thrillers I have read, in this one you know who the killer is, and so does his wife who plots his downfall! The book isn't just about that though, there is so much more within each character and the twists and turns keep you reading until you just now you have to finish it. I love how the wife knows her husband' dark past and is determined to create his downfall, yet even she isn't prepared for what eventually unfolds. Totally amazing and so well written, I told all my friends and they thought so too!.
on 13 February 2012
Memory Scents has to be one of the best books I've read in a long time. The story had me hooked from the start and was a real page turner. You only have to scan the Product Description and you'll want to get reading straight away! All I will tell you about this story is that you'll want to find out what happens to the serial killer and if he gets what he deserves. Looking forward to another book by this talented author.
on 18 July 2014
Enjoyed reading this book. Mixes past memories of near child abduction and murder with present day fears. Woman finds out about past memories which were blocked in her mind for years as she returns to her old family holiday home. A sadistic child murderer who keeps secret memories of each kill. Mix that with the one who got away and you have a book you don't want to put down. The fact that the ghost of one of his victims is reaching out to the woman to either warn her or scare the killer off. A twisted mind caused by an abusive childhood brings the evil out in this man. Worth reading.