on 26 May 2016
This is a good film, and with the people involved it's hard to believe this film has not received proper treatment on dvd/blu-ray.
So thank you Acid Vibes for providing us with a copy of this film.
Picture quality is of the VHS type. Sound is Good. 4:3 ratio picture.
The film will initially play in spanish with subtitles. To play in English with No subtitles as intended - Highlight - 'Idiomas' on the
main screen. then highlight under Audio - 'Ingles'. Then highlight - 'Sin Subtitulos' - then highlight 'Ver Pelicula'.
Yes it's not the DVD quality were use to. But until Paramount get there act together it's better than nothing.
on 26 June 2016
I bought this as I'd been unable to find a copy anywhere else. I was able to change it to English dialogue and get rid of the Spanish subtitles easily enough, but the picture quality is very poor and the music is distorted at the beginning. It has obviously been copied from an old VHS tape.
To be honest, if I hadn't read the synopsis I wouldn't have had much idea what was going on, as the film started when Rocky (Steve McQueen) was told about the baby, and he clearly didn't remember his encounter with Angie (Natalie Wood). It felt as if the film should have started earlier in the story. Having said that, I was pleased to get hold of even a ropy copy of the film.
on 16 August 2015
Still a good but not great film. However this dvd is taken from TV and is not much better than others from the US, which are also dvd made from home VHS tapes and take from an american tv presentation. On this one the audio is better but the picture is fuzzy and indistinct. It remains the case that this movie is buried in Parmount's vaults somewhere and has never been released in proper DVD form. Internet gossip suggests it is the subject matter of abortion, it remains a mystery as it has two major stars, a well known director and music by Elmer Bernstein.
3 people found this helpful
on 11 December 2015
A good quality version of an early Steve McQueen film that has been difficult to find but well worth the wait.
2 people found this helpful
on 16 February 2018
Loved this film for many moons! Was so pleased to find it on Amazon - Thank you
on 8 May 2014
Film is dubbed and we did manage to get rid of the 'voice overs' by googling for Portuguese /English translations of the menu but cannot remove the subtitles. Consequently, we are checking for the film to appear on TV for perfect viewing.
3 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 24 February 2018
Love this film. I first saw it in the sixties and loved seeing it again. The negative side was the film was in spanish!!! Fortunately I speak enough of the language to enable me to play it in English without subtitles. Much better to mention this when buying.
on 5 September 2017
Very pleased with purchase.....many thanks.
on 11 January 2017
poor copy of an otherwise good film
on 16 June 2018
I saw this film when I was a teenager and it made a strong impression on me. to be able to see it again was wonderful! Thanks!