on 18 July 2014
I needed to get some decking but didn't want to pay for delivery so thought I'd give this a go - I maxed out on the load with eight 3.6m boards so was understandably worried but TBH there was nothing to worry about, it did the job very well and is light and compact. The only thing you have to watch is speed bumps where long loads see-saw a bit but as long as you take it easy its fine, it'll probably scratch the paint but I'm sure you could get round that - I don't worry because any scratches will blend in with all the others.....
I'm tall so just had to make sure the straps didn't clash with my head but not a problem and anyone who sits in the back of my car is a passenger doesn't count anyway.
All in all very good piece of kit that will pay back in no time
on 25 February 2016
Great buy! I was a little worried about taking boards on the motorway at high speeds using these racks, however it handled the boards really well, even sitting at a comfortable eighty and then being subjected to a proper throwing around on a rutted farm track in Devon.

There is plenty of room in the ties that come attached to the rack to strap up to five boards, however I did use some extra ties to make sure. I have had up to five boards on top of these racks, there may be room to squeeze in some more but it did start to look a little unstable.

Great product and a cheap alternative to buying a full roof rack.
review image
on 12 April 2015
managed to get a 6ft by 6ft fence panel from garden centre back home, 3 mile drive using a 5 door ford fiesta. slowly as panel lifted.. but was fine. very impressed.
review image
on 8 June 2015
This arrived in quick time however broke the first time I used it , which was dangerous as I was driving at the time.As I used it a month after it arrived I'm not eligible for a refund.Just a bit concerned for safety.
on 1 September 2012
People were a little sceptical when I suggested buying this product to transport tables to a bootsale but, I have to say, it was an absolute triumph. Very easy to fit to the car and to secure the items on top - we put one of the spare straps around the three items first to secure them together then used the straps on the racks to secure to the car - the load did not shift in the slightest. Our car has good headroom but I can see how the strap inside the car may annoy you if you do not have this. We made sure the top of the car was clean and put a blanket on the roof first just to ensure no sctratching. All in all, a great little item for occasional use - highly recommended.
on 19 January 2015
Very easy to put on, does the job perfectly and comes in a robust bag with instructions printed on the side, perfect for keeping in the boot. I easily carry a canoe on the roof of my fiat panda using it.... highly recommended
on 29 May 2013
very good easy to used can changer form one car to another very easy , easy to store in boot very light i can recommend highly
on 30 May 2013
This roof rack sits in the boot of the car, ready for use at any time and is easy to fit and use whenever a larger load has to be transported.
on 21 March 2014
very good value and easy to use perfect for my requirements and carries good size loads plus a can be used for ladders
on 12 December 2015
This is certainly cheaper than a real roof rack but at £30 still not value for money. Mine broke on first use so I had to buy extra straps. The material used is also very slippery so there is little friction between the rack and your load. The best alternative to this system is a couple of foam pipe insulators and some decent straps from a hardware shop. Costs much less and will do the same job.