Format: Vinyl|Change

on 28 August 2014
Okay I do really like this album, despite it being one of the least heavy they have released, And it is definitely better than In waves

However the only Gripe I have with it is the mixing ....... Drums are WAY too overpowering especially the trebles and the bass just seems WAY too quiet!!

Really disappointing mixing its just POOR!!!

In terms of musical construction though its brilliant

however still awaiting that mind blowing 5 star album of shogun though
on 25 November 2013
Great album! It's the most melodic work of Trivium so far, but it's heavier than ever!

Of course, highly recommended!
on 10 May 2014
I have found this album quite enjoyable. From the Machine Head influenced "Brave this Storm", to the bone chilling "Wake (The End Is Nigh). But there are a few problems that I have encountered with this album. For example, The mixing is slightly off. What I mean by that is, on the track "Brave this Storm", the drum mixing is a little bit sketchy and iffy at times. Another problem with the album, the vocals are too influenced by David Draiman, who was the producer of the album. The scale of the notes are more of the same as on a Disturbed record. I didn't mind it from the first listen, then I got to understand how influenced the vocals were by Mr. Draiman. Apart from all of the issues, this album is a good addition to Trivium's discography, but it's not the best that I've heard from them. In my opinion, I thought that In Waves was the best album out of the lot. 7/10
on 28 December 2013
The album came on the day of release early in the morning (as expected). Fantastic album with amazing songs - recommend to any metal/music fan with brilliant riffage and hooks that'll stay in your head for weeks on end.
The only downside to this was Amazon's Cloud Player side of things, which promises you with a 'Clouded' version of the album with which you can access should you have the app for your phone, etc. Instead of receiving this album, I got the non-Special Edition one, which features fewer songs.
on 14 October 2013
Firstly, I have loved Trivium since discovering The Crusade and I love both Disturbed and Device from Draiman, but after listening to this record, I know the two should not collaborate again.

Considering that Ember to Inferno, Ascendancy, the fantastic Crusade and the epic Shogun are all fantastic but diverse metal albums, you'd of thought that Trivium may have stuck to a similar formula. But following on from the average In Waves record, Vengeance Falls delivers a SERIOUS low for the band. What happened to crushing heavy riffs? Songs that actually had any meaning e.g. Greek Mythology (Scylla and Charibdis), eating people (He Who Spawned the Furies), nuclear war (Detonation, Down from the Sky), chopping off Samurai's heads (Kirisute Gomen)? Epic drum intros (Pull Harder on the Strings of your Martyr)?

Matt's vocals following on from In Waves have literally been ruined by David Draiman, some of the songs have IDENTICAL vocal patterns to Disturbed. The self-titled track would not be out of place on a Disturbed record. The same djent-style rhythm riffs are reused in almost every song, there is a distinct lack of original, heavy riffs that even In Waves had. The drums just do not have the energy that Travis Smith brought to the band. The only songs that I would consider anywhere near Trivium's standard are Strife and Incineration: The Broken World.

If Trivium do read this review, never work with David ever again and bring back 7-String guitars because your riffs have lost the originality that drew me in originally.

Massive disappointment, stick to the first 4 albums if you want to listen to Trivium because this is not Trivium.
on 12 November 2013
I have all Trivium's albums and I believe "Vengeance Falls" is their best album up to date! No doubt Trivium is one of the best metal bands of the last decade. In fact, I could vote "Vengeance Falls" for best metal album of the year 2013. (Amon Amarth's "Deceiver of the Gods" is another album that deserves being considered best of 2013).
on 12 November 2013
Trivium have once again gone in a new direction its a great album over all not what i was expecting when i first listened through but its still a amazing album
on 12 November 2013
I love this album, Trivium playing such a good music from few years, and this album is fantastic and i can heard same day when premiere is started
on 13 November 2013
This album is awesome! It joins In Waves as my two favourite Trivium albums. However, the influence from David Draiman is a bit too heavy in some songs, a bit too Disturbed. Otherwise, it's a nice heavy album that I have yet to tire of. BUY IT!!
on 17 October 2013
For me I really enjoyed the album.

Been a fan of Trivium since the release of Shogun and I must say they put some good riffs and that

My favourite from the track is:

Vengeance Falls
Strife
No Way To Heal
Villiany Thrives
Wake (The End Is Nigh)

least favourite song is To Believe because it sounds more like a Disturbed song than Trivium's