on 21 April 2014
Sweet, funny, well written, well worth the money. Nice, gentle, old fashioned romance. No bad language or gratuitous sex scenes.
on 29 April 2014
I hate long drawn out plots and these were just how I like my reads .Fast paced enjoyable and not full of unnecessary descriptive scences totally irrelevant to the story.
on 10 January 2015
These are a set of 3 traditional Regency novellas. It can be difficult in short stories to really get into the skin of the characters, and, although I read these quite happily, I don't think any of them will stay in my memory. The writing style is a bit pedestrian and not very original, which may be why I didn't get as involved in the stories as I felt I should have.

However, (possibly because Christina Courtenay isn't American!) she has managed to get the form of the characters' titles correct - something which irritates me beyond belief when they are styled wrongly!! The romantic element in all three stories lives up to Georgette Heyers's example, with an impassioned kiss being as far as is revealed. Therefore, you can easily offer to let your maiden aunt read and enjoy this trio!

To sum up, these are 3 short quite readable stories to pass the time, but will be unlikely to draw you back for a further in-depth reading.
on 19 March 2014
3 stories. fast paced loved them usually more tame than I like but still had me turning pages. will look for more by this author enjoyed would recommend good story all 4 stars
on 26 November 2014
Totally predictable, well written, no obvious anachronisms, or faulty diction, but not particularly exciting either...a pleasant read, but no fireworks...and why oh why must the poor heroes propose on their bended knee, have a pretty ring in a box and tell the heroine he loves her? Too stereotypical, too boring, too modern!
on 4 May 2015
women's magazine type stories. Start well, easy reading, but characters ultimately not that believable and the heroines get into just too much trouble. They may be feisty, but still need to be rescued.. The sort of book to take on a journey or read on a beach,
on 8 October 2014
Three wonderful easy to read romances. The outcomes are predictable but the obstacles the couple will encounter along the way before they can reach their happy-ever-after are not. I really enjoyed these, especially the first one, Marry In Haste.
on 28 February 2016
i don't usually go for choc lit. but these books exceeded my expection as i did not feel they were a waste of time. there are interesting characters in each of the books. i will certainly read other books written by this author.
on 24 January 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed these books ,all well written and kept my interest up i didn't want to put them down, and couldn't wait to pick them up again.Delightful ,roll on bedtime!!!
on 13 May 2016
A regency collection of novellas - each one different. Romantic but with a bit of crime/mystery to help the plot along. Convincing heroines and noble heroes.