TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 18 January 2017
I received this as a Christmas present this year and have tried a few of the recipes.

I love the hairy bikers as they tend to be a bit more unorthodox when it comes to the way they present their foods and recipes and don't hide behind uniform presenting styles, because of this I was more than happy to try many of the recipes in the book even though many of the ingredients are things I had to buy online, however, once they are purchased they will last for several recipes.

The book is divided into 7 sections which feature recipes from various locale in Asia such as: Hong Kong; South Korea; Tokyo and Kyoto for example. All of the recipes are accompanied by a picture of the finished dish, and step by step instructions are given, followed by some further serving suggestions.

So far, I've tried 3 recipes from this book that stand out. The first was the stir fried tomato and eggs (Granoma Lulu style), which is featured in the Hong Kong section of the book and has a very nice sweet and savoury taste. Quick and simple to make and inspired me to try various versions of it featuring different/additional ingredients.

The second was the Chashu Pork, which is under the Kyoto and Rural Japan section. I used Pork Loin in this recipe as I was unable to get the specified pork belly (Afternoon shopping is a nightmare), and it turned out sublime. We used the leftovers to make the Chashu pork ramen recipe the next day, which was filling and was our third recipe from the book.

If you like to cook Asian style dishes then I'd recommend you check this out, it's easy to understand and well written.
review image review image
on 9 October 2017
Brilliant collection of some classics and some really unusual recipes, all of which are made completely from scratch. Most of them involve quite a bit of effort and tons of ingredients (including some I've found tricky to track down even in central London) but the results are totally worth it. The Hairy Bikers probably wouldn't be the first chefs you think of when it comes to Asian recipes, but they really don't disappoint.
on 17 December 2016
Beautifully made book, reminds of Jamie Olivier's travel books. Bright lovely pictures and good recipes. I'm in love with Bikers' books but this one is much more complicated than their usual sets. Nevertheless whatever I cooked so far was delicious however time consuming.
on 3 July 2017
excellent bargain for £5!!! some brilliant recipes including some classics like satay kebabs, chow mein and beef noodle soup and some dishes that sounds or look unappealing but trust me they are Not!!, I have cooked nearly 80% of the dishes and so far not hated any (with some tweaking for taste i.e. chillies) apart from that excellent book
on 7 October 2017
Another great book full of great looking recipes. I've tried a couple so far and they don't disappoint, very tasty, looking forward to trying more!
on 20 June 2017
Quite a complicated book with a lot of Ingredients required. We soon lost interest as wverything took so long. Great it you don't mind taking your time
on 28 July 2017
A well presented book, with clear instructions and nice photographs... I just need to stop eating for two now...
on 18 July 2017
I had a copy sent to Asia, and feedback suggests it is already making much work done in the kitchen.
on 13 September 2017
Bought for my dad as he loves cooking, he said it arrived on time, the quality is great and the recipes are good also. Only downside is that it turns out he hates "The Hairy Bikers" which I wasn't aware of, but he still loves the recipes so all good!
on 18 July 2017
Good book if you like Asian food