on 11 January 2014
I must admit that I was really looking forward to reading this but due to lack of source material the content seemed rather lacking. Definitely something just to dip in and out of.
on 20 March 2014
I'm quite interested in anything about Queen Victoria or her children so I found this quite an enjoyable read. I did think it was a bit repetitive and a lot of the "mystery" element is based around conjecture and speculation rather than fact, but not a bad book.
on 24 March 2017
Really enjoying this book.
on 15 February 2014
Fascinating to read of Queen Victoria's daughter of whom we knew very little. A thoroughly enjoyable book. Would recommend this as an excellent read.
on 13 January 2015
An interesting description of a character I knew nothing about. Well written and with a solid historical background. Couldn't ask for much more.
on 13 March 2014
My wife wanted this book and thoroughly enjoyed it. We actually went to see Lucinda Hawksley giving a talk about the book. First class!
on 16 February 2014
An interesting read enjoyable provoking but dull writing style that lacked flow in places. I will explore this princess further .
on 21 January 2014
Easy to read and fits in with my collection of books on Victorian period and is useful for my work as a university guide
on 4 January 2015
Fascinating book.Heavy going at times,but riveting nonetheless.Princess Louise is someone who is heard very little of.Daughter of Queen Victoria,she was way ahead of the time.So much about her life has been suppressed from the public consciousness that it leaves the reader wondering what the full story is.Highly recommend this book.
on 15 May 2015
Overall an enjoyable read. I had no real knowledge of Princess Louise and actually downloaded the book accidentally. But the writer has written a sympathetic portrait and has been clear about the places she has speculated and filled in gaps. It's a shame that the Royal Archives about Louise are sealed