on 10 September 2017
Fantastic watch as Seikos always are.
on 1 August 2017
Great
on 12 February 2013
I had been looking at this for a while and decided to take the plunge and buy it.Comparing the price in the High Street jewellers it was less then half the price!.Watch was supplied by Tough Watches and arrived promptly in less than a week.I am very pleased with the watch it is a nice size and weight and an added bonus for me was the strap required no links to be removed just a minor adjustment to the 4 position pin links on the main clasp.Another bonus is it is solar powered so it will not require a battery.The only thing i needed to do was leave it by a light source to get it started as when it arrived it was not operating.Upon initial charging the second hand operates at two second intervals to tell you it still requires charging and also the stopwatch is disabled until the watch is fully charged.Although supplied from Singapore,there was no duty to pay on the watch which came via Sweden.The enclosed warranty card is also fully stamped so any warranty issues should not be a problem.I would certainly use the supplier again.I am looking at the Seiko Flightmaster SNA413 now!
Just an update I had some charging issues where the watch would not stay charged .The watch was nearly out of warranty so i took it back to my local jewellers they sent it off to Seiko to be repaired,thought i might have to cover the postage costs but the jeweller phoned to say it would cost me nothing to send back.There was no issue with the watch originating from Singapore as there is an international warranty.
The watch was returned fully repaired via Seiko and with a full new 12 month warranty.
on 25 July 2012
I've always liked Seiko watches.

Must be Roger Moore wearing them as Bond in the movies of my youth. But as much as I like and own "The Big Boys" in watches, I like a watch for what it is and not what it costs.

This is a classic looking Seiko chronograph diver, but with a few differences.

1. The blue face
2. The 200m water resistance (for a chrono)
3. The screw down pushers for the chrono
4. It's solar

This basically makes this a great classic looking, highly functional, tough analogue watch that never needs winding / batteries that can be worn with anything and look good.

Also, as it's a Seiko, it should be reliable as well as relatively keep it's value over the years. Old Seikos are collectible.

But there are some flaws.

I don't know if it's just my watch, but the rotating bezel is far too easy to rotate. Also, this uses a "Pin and collar" setup for strap adjustment. Even though this is supposed to be the most secure way to do strap links, if you lose a collar (and it's very fiddly to adjust) Seiko don't do replacements (I know this, because I lost one trying to adjust the strap myself) so if you get this watch, take it to a jewellers to adjust.

Otherwise, it's a great, heavy, striking watch that is well worth the money.
on 18 June 2016
Only three stars for this, due to longevity.
as others have said this feels like a quality watch with real heft and presence ont he wrist. the strap feels a bit cheap where it joins the watch and has at time snagged shirts as there are some slightly jagged edges.
the solar is great, not having to change batteries is brilliant.
all the little dials and things are, on this watch a bit small and fiddly for me - i can't really see them even with glasses on - i wish i had gone for the simple non chronograph option - and here's why.
One of the hands of one of the small dials has come off and is floating around under the glass. So what you might say. the snag is it seems to wedge under the other hands and stop the watch. so it is now useless. hnece the 3 stars. i will stick with my standard auto divers. still going strong after 15 years.
on 1 June 2015
update after 2years no problems has worn very well bearing in mind i shower and swim in it most days. I am still very happy with the purchase. The only problem has been of my own making when out sailing I trapped my hand under a heavily loaded rope and rubbed off the bezel and spring overboard. This has been very reasonable to repair with directly with Seiko UK who have given really good support . I Really like this watch it's a good size to wear all the time, nice quality and great value for money.
review image
on 16 February 2013
If you're looking for a genuine top quality divers watch without the battery replacement hassles then this solar powered beauty is the watch for you! Be aware that this is a BIG watch but, in my opinion, an extremely classy, expensive looking watch. The bracelet is of generous size too and most people will need a link removed either side. Date window on the small side but acceptable. Keeps very good time. I looked at dozens of watches before deciding on this one. It was definitely the right choice! 100% recommended!
on 7 June 2013
I ordered this watch to treat myself and am delighted with my purchase.

The watch looks fantastic - it's a little deeper than I'm used too, though this gives it a solid, slightly "chunky" feel. Setting the watch was very easy and I left it for a day for the solar cells to fully charge, since when it has kept great time. The luminous markers are very bright, making it very easy to see the time at night.

Adjusting the bracelet was a little tricky. I decided not to spend £15 having my local jeweller take out some links and adjust the bracelet for me, deciding, instead, to order a watch bracelet adjustment tool from Amazon for £1.99. Good decision! The tool arrived fairly quickly, was easy to use and I had the bracelet adjusted to my liking in around 30 minutes. Beware though, if you do this yourself, the pins sit in tiny expanding metal sleeves within the bracelet and these can come out while you have the pin out. Without these tiny sleeves the pin is loose and will fall out, so be careful not to lose them!

All in all, a great watch at a great price!
on 11 April 2013
1. they are based in Singapore, which they don't warn you about - it cost me £18 TO RETURN ITEM AS DEFECTIVE

2. they are now arguing there is nothing wrong with it and are threatening to send the item BACK TO ME!!! I have never encountered such behaviour

3. not even sure the watch is Kosher

4. V bad service all round
22 Comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 May 2015
Had it less than 2 weeks and the seconds hand fell off, the bracelet also feels very cheap on the wrist and has a nasty rattle to it. I expected far more from Seiko and this is not the first time I have had quality issues with Seiko either but I wont go into that one. I will never buy another Seiko, I will stick to Citizen Eco-Drives I have 7 of them all are superb.
review image