Customer reviews

TOP 50 REVIEWERon 18 November 2013
This was a pleasant read, about Paul and Karen are neighbours. Karen likes Paul he's the new police officer in town, he has a young daughter that is his main focus, plus doing well in his new job. He has no intention of getting involved romantically with anyone, but fate has a different plan.

While I quite liked this, I would have preferred a bit more meat to the story. The reasons these two could not be together were no reasons at all for me, if they had just communicated with one another more. Then it was all a bit of a rush to the ending.
ARC courtesy of NetGalley
on 31 December 2013
I have read all the other Wardham stories and I have loved everyone of them. This follows Karen who feels that her life is slipping away quietly so she plans to go on an adventure to fulfil her long lost wish and goal. Then her new sexy neighbour moves in and throws a spanner in the works, at first they are friends but the chemistry in undeniable. Karen is then torn between her sexy neighbour and her dream. And will the fact that she thinks Paul is at a different crossroads in his life than her affect matters. A hot steamy, sweet, heartwarming romance as always. A great read.
on 19 March 2016
To all my fellow readers - this makes you feel warm and fuzzy - I just love the Wardham Series . They can be stand alone books but it's so much better to get to know all the characters - they all have a tail to tell and this one is Karen and Paul's - two people who's lives collide just at a time when they are searching for different things - or are they? - that's what they need to discover but the journey can be bittersweet. Life throws you curves that you need to travel - can Karen and Paul find the same path - follow their journey you won't be disappointed
on 28 November 2014
I liked this book it showed how the author mixed opposites meeting romantic twists ending in a loving relationship it show opposites can mix and romance is just around the corner when you least expect it
on 2 November 2014
Enjoyed this romance. Has fair amount of heat. I felt it flowed well and kept my attention. Left with a few loose ends which I presume are dealt with in the next book. A nice light read. A few typos.
on 1 March 2014
I found story a bit boring really had to stop reading it I love a good romance story but this one was not good Clare s
on 16 December 2014
Loved it, loved it, loved it!!! Thankyou so very much!
Finished it in no time as I just couldn't stop reading!
on 31 March 2016
Enjoyed this book love to read zoe York books
on 19 April 2014
***I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review***

Karen is about to follow her dreams, and go back to school, until now she has been doing what her parents want her to do rather than what she wants to do. When she meets her hot new neighbor Paul, she thinks a quick fling before she leaves is just what she needs, but Paul is not too keen.

“He wasn’t perfect. But he was something a little special”

Paul has just moved to Wardham he has left his job as a homicide detective for one that is less stressful and demanding. He's not looking for a fling, in fact, he's not looking for anything, and all he wants is to repair his relationship with his 10yr old daughter. However, he soon realizes staying away from Karen is a lot harder than he thought.

“As a man, he couldn’t help but notice women. Particularly this woman”.

I like the storyline it was an easy, sweet, and oh wow!! Sexy read. I get the feeling that Zoe York is making each book sexier that the last, and I’m happy with that. Love the flirting, chemistry, sexual tension and the passion between Karen and Paul.

“The harder each one of them pushed against their growing attraction the tighter the web around them gathered”

I like Karen and Paul; they did frustrate me a few times as their communication skills could have been better. Karen was hilarious at times, I could tell she was torn but it was great to see her do something thing that she really wanted to do. Loved the relationship that she develops with Paul daughter. Paul was great loved his alpha side, and he can whisper in my ears anytime. I could understand his hesitant to start something with Karen, but I loved that when he knew what he wanted he went for it.

“If I’m going to flirt with anyone, it’s going to be you”

Overall I like Where Their Hearts Collide, It was lovely so see what some of the previous characters are up to. I did feel that it was a bit slow in the middle and that the ending, which I liked, was a bit rushed but that being this was it was still a delightful read. I like the epilogue it wasn’t as far into the future as I thought it would be, but the hints that Zoe gives you about the next book in the series, When They Weren't Looking which is Evie’s story I understand why. So I’m looking forward to starting that one next.

As always I recommend this sweet romantic series for the times when you want something that is low on the angst and drama.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 17 November 2013
Paul and his daughter move next door to Karen. Karen runs the local grocery store for her absent parents but really wants to go back to college and make a career as a librarian. Paul is a new police officer in the town who isn't really up for a new relationship as he still has issues about his marriage. Karen wants to attract Paul's attention and has to work at it. Once they come together they have to face the possibility of a future apart.

One of the essential elements of writing a contemporary romance is the tension between the couple. The author cannot make their relationship easy and has to put barriers between them. In this book the author failed to make me believe that there were valid reasons why these two people couldn't be together - the characters seemed to feel that there were reasons but they weren't very coherent about it. You know from the beginning of the book that Karen and Paul will make a couple but I actually became very tired of the way that they messed around instead of talking to each other and sorting things out.

The book was well enough written for a light romance but there isn't much substance to the book other than the relationship and as I was a bit fed up with that there wasn't a lot else here to engage with. Other people may have more sympathy for Karen and Paul and their problems than I had in which case they may enjoy this book more. I was given a free copy of this book via NetGalley.