Customer reviews

on 11 May 2017
My sons really do think Captain Underpants is the funniest thing EVER - it's been particularly good for my youngest, who started off as a bit of a reluctant reader, but has really got into reading, thanks to these books. Be aware, they are odd, somewhat banal, but seem to appeal very much to their target audience! The pictures are also good fun.
on 14 April 2017
Bought for my grandson who loves all the Captain Underpants book.
on 9 July 2017
This book is a book I can read in school but why not read it at home. Its the best.
on 19 March 2009
My daughter loves these books, she read this one before I had cleard away the packaging, if the hoots of laughter were anything to go by she enjoyed it as much as the rest of the series.
on 21 October 2013
Another fun story of adventure for Harold, George and Captain Underpants. This time things stay closer to home and the kids accidentally turn Ms. Ribble into the Wicked Wedgie Woman. Great story with lots of laughs, references to past books reminding us of Captain Underpants past exploits. Underpants also learns of his background story and a hidden talent he didn't know he had. What was surprising about this book is that Pilkey manages to bring character development to the table and these unassuming books hold a lot more than we think they do. Ms. Ribble is about to retire, her nastiness is examined, she and Mr. Krupp almost get married. But as Wedgie Woman, Ribble is even worse than she was as her own self. When George and Harold finally get Ms. Ribble back to herself again, they make a minor personality change and the book ends with an entirely new character for Ms. Ribble. Will she stay this way? Will the boys finally have a friend inside the school? I'm actually quite interested to see what happens in the next book.
on 29 October 2001
like all captain underpants books this one was very funny, lots of adventure and completely mad.there were lots of pranks from george beard and harold hutchins and the wicked wedgie woman was superbly silly, spraying starch on captain underpants pants was just hilarious! I laughed all the way through reading it and can't wait for another captain underpants books.
on 5 May 2016
I love you so much better than the original source bye to try it again I have r so cute I can't even play with the same thing to me I t to get my nails are the only one who has the most beautiful r a little too hard for the first time in a while and then the other hand is the only thing is a very long day of my life is a very long day at at the same thing over the last time I Lo even if I could have your own thing two weeks to get the right to the point of the day before I get to see the
on 11 November 2015
My grandson, recently turned eight, tells me that the Captain Underpants books are great and are now his favourite, superseding Dirty Bertie, Tom Gates, Billy Bonkers, et al.
Only difficulty from my point of view is that, every time I buy him a new one, he grabs it and dashes through it in one or two sittings - costing me a fortune to keep him supplied with reading material.
on 23 November 2011
my son totally loves these books and now has the whole set...they are hilarious :))I never really 'got it' til i read a couple and now i understand why the kids love them...witty.. imaginative..engaging...fun! and written in such a way that you input some of your own imagination to really make them work. A BIG HIT!!!!
on 19 September 2014
My son loves all the Captain Underpants books and when he gets a new one he disappears into his room and pretty much doesn't come out until he's read it cover to cover. Personally toilet humour isn't my thing but then I'm not a 7yr old boy :-) .