on 31 January 2014
My son has not put it down since I bought it, good thing about it you can go on the internet. Graphics are excellent, he's even manage to get me playing on it, which is very hard. I think it should come with earplugs.
on 8 January 2014
son got for Christmas, once we got it all working through wifi he loves it and hasn't stopped playing it
on 17 January 2014
Now I will say firstly that the games that come with the bundle are a bit strange. Some are older PSP games (Wipeout and Gran Turismo) which is not too much of a problem. However, there's a Vita version of Wipeout which you can buy for about £6 and it's full HD, etc. However, there are also a couple of games which require AR cards - like the cards you get with the 3DS, and you use the camera with them, stands for "altered reality" I think. My system didn't come with those cards, so that's at least two of the games that come with this system are useless.

However - I didn't really have a problem with this. Even if it's just the Vita with a 16gb memory card, that's a good value package and I don't really feel ripped off. Had I known more about the games I was getting, I might have just got the Tearaway / Little Big Planet pack, but it's down to personal taste.

The Vita itself is a wonderful piece of kit. I was astounded at how beautifully clear the screen is. It's quite a heavy handheld, but to me it's a nice weight, it feels solid. The buttons and sticks feel nice and responsive. I'm still not 100% sure about it being touchscreen (it gets finger marks on it so easily) but I'm sure it'll be second nature soon. Even less sure about the back touchscreen, but it's not really important!

If you like watching Youtube videos on your phone or tablet, you might want to consider watching them on the Vita. It has a bespoke Youtube application that plays videos in HD wherever possible, and loads them surprisingly quickly. For me this is a huge part of how I use the Vita (because I watch a lot of Two Best Friends Play) and I didn't expect it to be such a good feature, a massive bonus for me.

The one flaw that I would like to point out is the battery life. I read on Wikipedia that it's around 4-5 hours, obviously it can be less if you have a bright screen or the wireless on, and sadly the battery is not replaceable or removable in any way. For me it's not too much of a bother as it's not a handheld I would want to take out with me very often.

There are tons of amazing games on it (off the top of my head - Persona 4 Golden, Tearaway, Spelunky, Lumines, Soul Sacrifice), there are even more cheap games on the Playstation Store.

Better yet, if you join the Playstation Plus service (kinda like Xbox Live Gold), you get to download some games for free. I'd definitely recommend doing this because it's pretty inexpensive (I bought 3 months for £11.99). At the moment you can get Uncharted and Blazblue for free until you quit the subscription, and they also have Soul Sacrifice up for this month. They refer to it as an "extended trial" service because you can play the full game for the full month, and if you like it, you just buy it and it will keep all of your saves and trophies for you. I'm still new to this but I think this is a brilliant value service. It's even better if you have a PS3 and PS4 apparently, because you get games for them, too. And, obviously, it allows you to play online in competitive games.

Overall, this is one of the best snap decisions I ever made! I never thought I'd take the plunge and buy one, but I'm so happy I did. If you're considering the Vita for any of the above games, etc - don't hesitate.

Oh yeah - and buy Divekick. Support The Baz. Nuff said!
on 8 January 2014
This was an excellent value package. The free games and size of memory (16Gb) made it unbeatable. There are also a number of other QR type games and minis that can be downloaded free too. My 7 year old absolutely loves it.
on 19 April 2014
Great console and can do so much more on it than the PSP. The games do take a long time to download, and found that when the screen turned off, it would also turn off the WiFi .. so a little frustrating. Some of the games I am still looking to play. The AR cards are a great idea, but would not use them in day to day playing I must say.

Great value for money and a lot of fun. Would definitely recommend.
on 20 January 2014
Sony has managed to get the real Playstation experience to fit in your pocket. The Vita is in my opinion, Sony Swiss army knife. 5Stars all the way
on 19 January 2014
Excellent value. Great selection of games to get you started and a reasonable size memory card. Only downside is sony no longer include a soft cover so you'll need to buy one separately.
on 12 January 2014
Santa Klaus brought that to a young teen and it absolutely meets his expectations.
It arrived on time, the screen is very comfortable and very reactive, games that came with it are fine, new ones to be purchased online are kind of cheap enough...
Anyhow, kids know best when it comes to that kind or items.
on 2 January 2014
Not all the 8 games are great. Either old or mini games you can get for a couple of quid from the PlayStation store, but nonetheless, this is a great value package, especially with the 16GB memory card. A real bargain for a quality piece of kit.
on 9 January 2014
I bought this for my son and he thinks it is brilliant.
The hastle of having to sign up to the playstation network in order to get the games
that came with it is a bit of a drag tho.
Why couldn't they just have put them on the card to begin with?