Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 28 August 2013
An easy if predictable read which really needs to be edited to adjust the odd spelling but mainly, to remove American English references for a main character born and bred in Virginia Water..... we don't major in our degrees and we play snakes rather than chutes and ladders. If only we all met a knight in shining armour working in the B&Q paint department.
on 26 August 2013
Heart warming read. A little insight into grief handling and dealing with long term illness.
However, too much time spent describing emotions and justifying them and very little was spent on actions,hence there was no time at the end to follow the effect of a unified Emma and Will on their new venture.
on 1 April 2013
don't bother wasting 79p on this, totally boring, couldn't care about the characters, so predictable that didn't bother reading to the the end as can guess what happened (didn't really care),seemed to go on about nothing for chapters and chapters, full of clichés, lazy writing, cant believe this is the same women who wrote the brilliant hating game.
on 4 July 2014
I have been reading and reviewing the writing of this talented author since 2010, when she asked me to review her first novel, 'The Hating Game', Since the publication of her first novel Talli has embraced the importance of social media as a marketing tool for her novels as that is where she finds her target market. I am probably one of her older fans but The 'Pollyanna Plan' is the fifth one I have read and once again she has not failed to make me smile. A good enough reason in my opinion for me to continue to enjoy her writing!

What a safe but boring life Emma Beckett is leading, until suddenly she loses both her job and her fiancé in the same week. Suddenly she finds her world is spiralling out of her control and she has no idea of how she is ever going to cope again. Her best friend Alice, thinks that a happy life is just a matter of attitude, I have to agree that she is right, in many ways. So Alice's challenge to Emma to adopt a Pollyanna attitude to life for a year is a good one.
It was Emma that provided the most laughs for me in this story with her fastidious attention to the details in her life. This well constructed but easy read will I think make some readers realise that a positive attitude to life is certainly helped by trying to find the good in situations when ever you can. Take some risks, it might just change your life and make you happier!

As previously mentioned, I am probably somewhat older than her targeted market. If though you consider yourself young at heart, then like me you may well enjoy her writing. I find she writes well and that I enjoy her novels, sometimes it is good to try something different. I have come to rely on her novels to provide me with a laugh, my high ratings of her novels are worth it for this factor alone. So if you are looking for a light entertaining read I can recommend this novel and her others as this author has a delightful writing style and she creates some great characters.
on 1 December 2012
Emma has her life sorted or so she thinks. Perfect job, fiancée... Life is going along well. So what do you do when your whole world has been turned upside down and you lose your job and find your fiancée cheating on you? Why you make a plan to change your life of course!

I loved this book. Both Emma and Will are great characters who both have demons to conquer but they do it so well. I also really enjoyed the side cast of characters, especially Alice. I think Will was an incredible lead! I want a will of my own! Talli did a fantastic job writing him and I think she handles his problems with great sensitivity and really gives the reader a feel of what it is like to be in that situation. Emma I was not as keen on as I felt at the start of the book she felt quite cold but she soon warmed up and became likeable and the perfect match for Will.

Now I've read everything Talli has written so far. Talli is known for her light hearted, funny books. This book has a slightly serious tone about it compared to her previous works, however don't panic though because there is the odd moment that has you smiling and chuckling as you read it. It's still light and totally readable. I started and finished the book in the same day, only putting it down when i really had to!

The perfect chick lit book to escape into for a few hours and forget the world, but also a book that makes you think as well and leaves you with a positive feel good vibe when you finish it!
on 3 December 2012
As a fan of Talli Roland, I did not hesitate to grab her latest release, I am so glad I did. Although a tad more serious than her previous RomCom releases, this one still packs a powerful giggle factor. Her characters are true to life and easy to visualise going about their daily lives ... or getting into all sorts of crazy antics. I was left with a satisfied feeling at the end, and am more than happy to recommend this book to Chick-Lit fans, and those who have never tried it before.
on 2 February 2015
Emma decides to change her way of thinking. She's going to be more positive. From now on her glass will be half full, not half empty. I willed her on, during the times when things seemed hopeless.
Reading this book made me change my own way of thinking. I decided to try 'The Pollyanna Plan' myself. As a result, I've been much more positive in my outlook, so well done Talli, on yet another fabulous plot.
I'm looking forward to the next book!
on 17 January 2013
Enjoyed this book very much. The author is a first for me and I will be reading another of
Hers in due course.
on 18 April 2013
Emma Beckett always expects the worse to happen in everything. She is always looking at the downs in life rather than the ups, the negative side to life and not the positives. When Emma loses her job and her fiancé, her best friend Alice challenges Emma to take part in the Pollyanna Plan, to see the good in everything and to be more positive instead of expecting the worse all the time.

When Emma starts to use the plan and good things come into her life, including handsome Will Ballard, life seems to be working out for the better, with a bit of positive thinking. All is going great, until Will seems at times distant with her and not known to Emma, Will is keeping a secret of his own. Can Emma except that life is all about living with the good and the bad?

Another great read from author Talli Roland. What I really like about books from this author is that they are so fast pace, no messing about; you are straight slam, bam into the plot of a brilliant, lively and entertaining story. I recommend reading any books by author Talli Roland for an enjoyable read.
on 22 December 2012
Emma is a concise, closed off hermit, who, since her father died and her mother made a new family, has been feeling, or rather not feeling, a dull life. Will is full of life, but as he feels it ebbing away, he decides not to attach himself to anyone or anything concrete. When the two meet under unusual circumstances, their life aims and general outlooks on their futures come into question, can they resolve their issues before they miss out on life....

If you loved Me Before You by Jojo Moyes, you will love this. The Pollyanna plan has shades (not grey ones!) of the Moyes book, but this plotline is still original and as funny and sassy as ever.

I have said before that Roland's writing is like having a wine night chat with a friend, and this book is no different. It's chick lit, with heart, balls and everything in between. Another corker of a read.

I know that Talli Roland will no doubt be putting her feet up to enjoy Christmas and the arrival of little baby Roland, and I look forward to hearing about her adventures, literary and maternally in 2013. The only way is up for Talli!

Rachel Dove