on 17 April 2014
Good - but not as described.

I bought this as a 'punt' to keep in the car. At this price it should be nothing more than a plastic toy, whereas in fact, the optics are actually pretty good; at a price which means it doesn't matter if it gets lost or damaged.

On receipt the body is labelled as 'Bushnell', but clearly it isn't.....
The description says zoom and the body states 16-36 x 52.....it isn't. The objective lens is 40mm, there is no zoom and magnification is in the region of x10 to 12.

Buy this if you want a cheap monocular with half-decent optics for the price of a portion of fish and chips. Just be aware of and accept its limitations. After contacting the seller he agreed to a partial refund (£3) due to the description mis-match. So £7 for a 12x40 monocular with half-decent optics. It doesn't do what it says on the tin....but it really isn't too shabby either.
on 24 August 2014
Described as a zoom - no zoom facility. Box states high quality optics - this is not a high quality item. Only about 20% of the viewing field is clear in the middle, the remainder is distorted due to low quality lenses. The magnification is not 16x, more like 10x or 12x at best. Only paid £14, including postage, but I expected better to be honest. Not bothering with the hassle to return it, but have already binned it! Don't waste your money and buy a real monocular, you get what you pay for...
on 13 April 2014
For the price this is a good robust monocular and is worth the cost however the description says it is a ZOOM monocular and the barrel has 16~36x52 marked on it but it is a fixed range monocular.
The barrel allows you to focus from 1.5 mtr to infinity.
I'm disappointed that it is not as described but pleased that it is quite robust. I would recommend it for general use.
on 23 April 2014
The thing does not operate as inferred by the description. It does NOT zoom - there are 2 rotating parts, one of which appears to be a focus with the other as a fine focus. When you try to see if it does anything else in order to zoom - 2 very frail thin plastic lugs break off leaving you without even the fine focus operation.
on 21 March 2014
Very pleased with this product, Service and Delivery
I have similar without zoom and this is much better
so much so that I have ordered another for a friend
on 10 April 2014
This was an impulse purchase which I do not regret. I am having great fun using it and this goes for my friends as well. My only problem is that no one believes me when I tell them it only cost £11.98p including delivery all the way from China. The best £12 that I have spent for sometime. Worth much more than this.
on 3 March 2014
A very nice piece of equipment. Excellent quality, and a very good price. Took a while for delivery, but did arrive within the estimated time. I would recommend this item to anyone looking for this sort of monocular.
on 26 February 2014
I thought this would be a plastic child's toy for an amazing cost of under a tenner. Heavy and a good looking small piece it turned out to be.Came all the way from China too, I don't know how they do it. After contacting the seller for an update on delivery I received a very polite email and information.Very pleased!
on 16 October 2014
Used this as a small spotting scope for archery, and am very impressed. Larger than I thought but that is a plus for me. arrived on time nice piece of kit.
on 23 May 2014
I ordered two of these and for the price I didn't expect them to be all that great. Firstly the objective lens is not 52mm as stated. It measures 40mm. It is the thick rubber casing that measures 52mm. It also stated that it has 16x36 variable zoom. This is not so. It is fixed at (what I believe to be) 16x only. It also has written on it that its "Day and Night" ??? Really not the case at all. I'm very surprised that Bushnell have put their name on this item. That said for the money it gives a good sight image and feels solid in the hand. Sadly the strap fell off the first time I used it so just pull it off and get used to not having one. I wouldn't rely on this item for anything other than a toy for a child.

See one answered question