on 5 August 2014
A great story
on 29 May 2012
Jake Adams is a former CIA agent who has just completed rehabilitation in hospital. He is mourning the death of his fiancée and wants to find out who killed her and why he too has once again become a target for assassins. He seems to remain exceptionally well-connected wherever he travels to.

This is one big chase across Europe and not much more. A lot of shooting though. And Jake does hook up romantically with a policewoman pretty quickly. There is nothing special about the writing or characterizations, but it was the shallowness of the tale which probably disappointed me most. I felt there was a real absence of intrigue despite all the action and running about. There was nothing graphic about the sex scenes, but more than once I wondered about their relevance to the story too.

The book could also have done with a much better editing effort, I might add.

I really need to stop buying the cheap Kindle offers without more checking up-front. Sorry, but I found this to be a quick action read with very little depth.
on 1 May 2013
Once again a very thrilling book, though like a previous reviewer, I can't remember Jake and Toni ever being married. The only problem I have found with these books on Kindle is that someone rather annoyingly seems to feel the need to highlight very random and seemingly totally irrelevant lines in the story.
on 19 July 2014
Another book in the jake Adams series. The series is fairly good with decent action throughout. It does get a little tiresome with some of the cliches....all the women being stunning model types and either getting bedded by Jake or wanting too!!! A bit too 007! The stories are fairly well written and good switch off your mind novels tho the author needs to bear in mind some continuity from novel to novel. Characters that pop up again from previous ones are introduced with a back story different to how they were initially introduced. Also his girlfriend Anna died at the end of the last novel having just discovered she was pregnant when they came back from a mission in Scandinavia....in this novel no mention of the pregnancy, and says they had just come back from Bulgaria!!! Minor points I know but you hope the author is as interested in the details as you are and not just pumping out the stories for cash!!
on 29 January 2013
Is it just me but are there some serious continuation issues with this book? It's almost like it is a different author than the others. I've read them all so quickly I don't remember him being married to Toni for 10 years...
I have just started the next one and it is like this book never existed - apparently he drunk himself silly for a few months after getting out of hospital and then went looking for Anna's killers and not finding who hired them - but isn't that the premise of this book?!?!
Still, good to read on my commute without having to put too much thought into it!
on 7 March 2013
Well, I have read the entire series of Jake Adams without stopping. To read each and every book one after the other is, in my humble opinion, due to the excellent storyline that Trevor Scott maintains throughout his books. I cannot wait for number eight in the series, May there be many more with these characters.
on 5 August 2014
Great reads, excellent author. As always storyline gripping right to the end. Trevor Scottt's books are hard to put down, so many twists and turns. Would highly recommend these books.
on 15 January 2017
This book is the same as "Shadows of Berlin" which is unavailable to buy. It is also a very good read like Mr Scott's other Jake Adams books.
on 15 January 2016
Really good book, I really enjoyed reading it and now I am on number 8.I never give away the story line in my reviews as it can spoil the book.
on 14 November 2014
Brilliant from start to finish action just love these books they have some real heart wrenching moments but always keep you interested