Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 6 January 2014
I received a copy of Chenoire in exchange for my review.

After the death of her twin sister, Faith has only a short space of time to get her career back on track, and to do that she travels to Louisiana to study the effect that an oil slick has had on the birds living there. When she arrives, she finds that all the hire boats have gone, and that she has to travel to the elusive Chenoire to find Luce, and to try to convince him to rent her a boat. Instead she meets Zack, who at first comes across as stand offish, but his attraction towards her begins to soften him. But it takes until Faith is threatened for him to reveal the secret that makes him so guarded.

I was surprised at how rich in detail Chenoire was for a novella. Though the relationship between Faith and Zack did seem to zoom by in no time. I suppose that could be related to the idea that people bond during and after a threatening and dangerous situation though.

A concept that seemed to be explored a lot in Chenoire was how grief affected the characters. Mainly on the guilt of surviving and being left behind by their loved ones.

The shifter concept was pretty standard as far as they come, though I can't say that I have ever read a book about water shifters before, and that was interesting to say the least.

I'm loath to say anything more as I don't want to ruin Chenoire for anyone else that wants to read! I did however think that there could easily have been more depth in the story, particularly the history and the mythology of the shifters. But this was a good, and enjoyable bite sized read!

Blog: [...]
on 22 February 2014
Poor,weak and thin story line. A book too far for the author. Not even funny. I will not read another